Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > General Corvette Topics > Autocrossing & Roadracing
Reload this Page >

What does Dion say? Race Driver Coaching Video from Racers360

Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does Dion say? Race Driver Coaching Video from Racers360

Old 03-14-2019, 04:09 PM
TrackAire
CF Senior Member

Thanks for posting....that is a lot of value and information there for less than two tanks of fuel.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:59 PM
fatbillybob
CF Senior Member

It would be interesting to know from Dion what the better drivers in a class are doing? For example Dion mentioned that on/off throttle blip that was about 1 sec duration. cost Oli 0.2 secs on the lap. Those minor line tweeks cost what laptime? The failure to get on the throttle at a better location cost what lap time? Can Dion look at a alp and estimate the total lap time possibly left on the table? I wonder how much effort is it to go from back of the pack to mid-pack and mid-pak to top 3? Of course all this assumes a sort of equal cars. I know even spec cars are no equal but they about as close as we are going to get.

Great service Dian and thanks Oli for posting.

Dion, if trackside say with Friday qualy are you guys so fast in analysis that you could sometimes have tips for us for Saturday's race on a first come first served basis? Maybe that's a tall order but what a cool service that would be.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:55 PM
Dionvm

Hey @fatbillybob thanks for your questions!!

It is impossible to say exactly how much time a driver loses from certain mistakes without comparison data. But our coaches have all watched thousands of hours of onboard video, so we have a good idea at how much time each mistake causes and which ones cost the most amount of time. For instance, the largest issue we see drivers make that costs them the most amount of time is where they apply throttle. Now, there may be more time lost cumulative by drivers braking too early, but if all we said we brake deeper that would not be very helpful coaching. What makes our coaches great is they can focus on areas that you can actually make successful changes on that will significantly reduce lap times and impact your driving in other areas. That is what makes pro coaches so effective.

As with anything else moving from the back of the pack to mid-pack is "relatively easy" as there is typically low hanging fruit. That next jump gets exponentially harder, but it is very possible. We have had quite a few customers go from finishing outside the top 10 to winning races, we are especially proud when that happens. We actually saw one customer make that jump in 3 short months, but they still have a lot of progress to make in their race craft and speed on other tracks!

We are just about to launch our same day turn around services!! We have done this a bit in the past, but now that our dashboard is complete we can start to scale that. We will charge a slight premium on the faster turn arounds and as of now, we need about 5 days notice to do it. But, if you email me at Dion @ Racers360 . com I could even make that turn around happen for you this weekend. We haven't made that big announcement quite yet, but we will be doing that soon.

Thanks for your fantastic questions! If there are any other I can answer please let me know and if you are interested in some same day turn around times on video coaching just shoot me an email and we can make that happen for you or anyone else reading this thread!

Last edited by Dionvm; 03-14-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:19 AM
fatbillybob
CF Senior Member

Awesone Dion! I look forward to using your service.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:55 AM
dclafleur
CF Senior Member

Well now I know what youtube videos I'm going to watch with my morning coffee next week. Thank you for sharing!

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: