Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Penske 7500 n/a questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 09:27 PM
Monks
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Penske 7500 n/a questions

I picked up a set of Penske 7500 that look VERY lightly used...almost like new. I dont know the history or valving on them.
I am guessing I should get them checked/freshened, and the valving checked before I put them on my C6 GS.

1) Recommendations for reasonably priced service and dyno? Friend told me Penske is $200 per shock ?
2) Can I find out valving and condition from just getting the shocks dynoed?
3) I also have the parts to use them as coilovers, is the same valving used as a shock with stock springs, and as coilovers ?

The car will be used 75% street, 15% autocross, 10% track days

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2019, 09:10 AM
mattastick
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Given where you're at, I'd talk to Mike Abner at Abco Performance. He'd be able to take care of the set, no matter what you wanted to do with them. He's really knowledgeable, so he ends up working on a lot of different cars, so he's typically pretty busy during race season, but Mike's my go-to Penske guy.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:45 PM
Monks
Drifting

Gave him a call today, Thanks for the info !

QUOTE=mattastick;1599076360]Given where you're at, I'd talk to Mike Abner at Abco Performance. He'd be able to take care of the set, no matter what you wanted to do with them. He's really knowledgeable, so he ends up working on a lot of different cars, so he's typically pretty busy during race season, but Mike's my go-to Penske guy.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-25-2019, 10:33 PM
iwantaz06now
Melting Slicks

Received 165 Likes on 132 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Monks
Gave him a call today, Thanks for the info !

QUOTE=mattastick;1599076360]Given where you're at, I'd talk to Mike Abner at Abco Performance. He'd be able to take care of the set, no matter what you wanted to do with them. He's really knowledgeable, so he ends up working on a lot of different cars, so he's typically pretty busy during race season, but Mike's my go-to Penske guy.
[/QUOTE]
Where you able to get your questions answered? I'd love to get the answers to your questions too lol.
Old 04-01-2019, 04:02 AM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by mattastick
Given where you're at, I'd talk to Mike Abner at Abco Performance. He'd be able to take care of the set, no matter what you wanted to do with them. He's really knowledgeable, so he ends up working on a lot of different cars, so he's typically pretty busy during race season, but Mike's my go-to Penske guy.
I work directly with Penske. In fact we just got done doing a set of used shocks for an RX-8. They took a lot of work because they were pretty well beat up from the previous owner. Which included a custom shock shaft changing the pistons doing some other work like replacing some hoses and so on and all in between buying the shots used and us fixing everything in conjunction with working with Penske on the valving it was cheaper than a new set. Now that was a set of 8300, The point is that I can assist you on this stuff.

Typically I'm not usually a big fan of shocks that do not offer any sort of adjustment option for the damping. However in this particular case what we can do is use a setting that I most commonly use depending on the tires you are running and valve your shocks to match. And yes I street drive my car a lot as well as all autocross the hell out of it and track it too. And I do so on a variety of tires.

So if I can help, let me know
Old 04-01-2019, 07:00 AM
iwantaz06now
Melting Slicks

Received 165 Likes on 132 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by strano@stranoparts.com
I work directly with Penske. In fact we just got done doing a set of used shocks for an RX-8. They took a lot of work because they were pretty well beat up from the previous owner. Which included a custom shock shaft changing the pistons doing some other work like replacing some hoses and so on and all in between buying the shots used and us fixing everything in conjunction with working with Penske on the valving it was cheaper than a new set. Now that was a set of 8300, The point is that I can assist you on this stuff.

Typically I'm not usually a big fan of shocks that do not offer any sort of adjustment option for the damping. However in this particular case what we can do is use a setting that I most commonly use depending on the tires you are running and valve your shocks to match. And yes I street drive my car a lot as well as all autocross the hell out of it and track it too. And I do so on a variety of tires.

I just sent an email to strano@stranoparts.com
Old 04-01-2019, 11:27 PM
Monks
Drifting

I found a local guy that sets up shocks for racers at Road Atlanta and he had a good shock dyno. I dropped the shocks at his place to
get pressures set and a dyno for all 4. ( $60 total) I will be buying a front sway bar from Sam at Stranoparts, and when I discuss with him,
I will likely send the shocks to him if they need a valving change. I have all the new parts to use as coilvers, minus the springs. In the end,
I would like to have them set up as coilovers on my car.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2019, 11:31 PM
Monks
Drifting

Originally Posted by strano@stranoparts.com

I have called a couple of times with no luck, your a busy guy

Get notified of new replies

To Penske 7500 n/a questions

Quick Reply: Penske 7500 n/a questions