Notices
Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Double-Duty Daily Driver (03 Z06 Build Thread)

Old 05-15-2019, 02:06 PM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 844 Posts

No risk on a C5 batwing pan with oil cooler. The "risk" was in some F-body pans with low capacity pumping too much oil to the top of the motor too fast. I ran a GM LS4 pump (basically a GM Melling high volume) on my last 2 C5s. Had the 42 psi relief spring. Pressure never dropped below 40 on track on the analog gauge. However, you can get into a serious serious discussion about lubrication and pressure vs. flow and what's best. I had no issues with the high volume pump and 10w40 Amsoil for all my years. On the C7 it's a totally different setup with a variable geometry pump. I run 10w40 in that too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Double-Duty Daily Driver (03 Z06 Build Thread)

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: