Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lg gt2 coilovers< ride height?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 09:18 AM
jonjoy
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Default Lg gt2 coilovers< ride height?????

I've got LG GT2 coilovers on a C6, They DID NOT come preset like LG says. So I preloaded the same way as best as I could, I adjusted them for height as best as I could. I installed them. the rear was too low so I raised them the same # of turns. after I drove it awhile I measured at a common point on the fenders, I have the front within 2 1/8's of each other, but the best I can do in the rear is a 1/2 inch, WTF? do I adjust the spring preload now? or should I even the length again and adjust the height via the springs? LG has been NO help. TYIA
Old 04-28-2019, 09:27 AM
Jfryjfry
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

Moving the spring perch is the proper way to adjust the height. The proper way to fine tune the height is with scales and you use them to get the bias/balance you want after the height is roughed in.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:56 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

Your car is not symmetric, no ones is. You need to scale the car and split the height difference front and rear. At full droop, the springs should just be unloaded on perches, then make further adjustments at the base of the shock.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:55 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Fender heights are unreliable. What you want to do is use the spring perch to adjust ride height measure per GM or measured from the the flat are near the puck holes at the frame front and rear. Then where the fenders are is where the fenders need to be. If that looks lame too bad...from a performance point of view. THEN you take the car to a good alignment shop (WITH SCALES) putting your weight in the driver's seat and 1/2 tank of gas so they can scale the car. This will change the ride heights you just set and may or maynot be visible from a "how the fenders look" perspective. Then shop will set alignment settings to factory castor camber etc or to what you want because you are asking this on the racing forum.

It is best that you use an alignment shop that has scales if you want the best performance. If you just want street performance then setting to factory rideheight is good enough. If you wanted to lower the car do so but keep the rake factory unless you know what handling change occurs when you change ride height or have tested the change with varying ride heights.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:31 PM
jonjoy
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Fender heights are unreliable. What you want to do is use the spring perch to adjust ride height measure per GM or measured from the the flat are near the puck holes at the frame front and rear. Then where the fenders are is where the fenders need to be. If that looks lame too bad...from a performance point of view. THEN you take the car to a good alignment shop (WITH SCALES) putting your weight in the driver's seat and 1/2 tank of gas so they can scale the car. This will change the ride heights you just set and may or maynot be visible from a "how the fenders look" perspective. Then shop will set alignment settings to factory castor camber etc or to what you want because you are asking this on the racing forum.

It is best that you use an alignment shop that has scales if you want the best performance. If you just want street performance then setting to factory rideheight is good enough. If you wanted to lower the car do so but keep the rake factory unless you know what handling change occurs when you change ride height or have tested the change with varying ride heights.
OK, Ilike this and understand it, where do I get the GM ride height specs and where do I measure from?

Get notified of new replies

To Lg gt2 coilovers< ride height?????

Quick Reply: Lg gt2 coilovers< ride height?????