Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for replacing motor mounts on a Z?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 01:54 PM
Dirk Miller
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Suggestions for replacing motor mounts on a Z?

Looking for insight from C F folk for changing my ’06 ZO6 motor mounts to ATM’s mounts. Since I just took out my mid-pipes and catted pipes for replacement of a fuel line, I thought it best to also replace my mounts. Once I take off the alternator, will I be able to have sufficient room to get the old motor mounts out and replace with the beautiful ones I received from Mark at ATM? Wondering if I'll need to raise the engine? If so, I’m thinking of raising the motor by jacking it up from below. Or maybe someone knows of a better way of doing this? I do have access to a cherry picker.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:37 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 711 Likes on 492 Posts

You will definitely need to increase the spread between the cradle and the motor. I’ve always dropped the cradle as low as the bolts will still hold, then jack the motor (spread the load with a 2x4.

Mine are solid and the bolt goes all the way through making it much easier than getting the oems out
The following users liked this post:
Dirk Miller (05-20-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 10:32 AM
Dirk Miller
Burning Brakes

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

PM to be sent

Get notified of new replies

To Suggestions for replacing motor mounts on a Z?

Quick Reply: Suggestions for replacing motor mounts on a Z?