Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front sway bars Strano or Vansteel

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 02:39 PM
smitty2919
Safety Car

Received 2,018 Likes on 1,191 Posts
Default Front sway bars Strano or Vansteel

I run my 03 C5Z in CAM-S...Koni SA's, full exhaust, HPS pads all else stock with 315 Rival S square. It's a HEAVILY street driven car so I won't go nuts with it.

My last "piece of the suspension puzzle" would be a front bar as MANY say it's all that is needed to tie it all together. I see a lot of suggestions for the Strano 1 5/16" bar with adj endlinks combo, however Vansteel seems to offer the same size/tubular/2 way adj bar and ~$50 difference.

At that point does it boil down to who can find deals and or being brand loyal? I don't hear of any fitment issues with either. Of course both companies are highly regarded for their products.

Anything I am missing? I have some local racers that get good deals on Vansteel products.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:30 PM
Jfryjfry
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

Big fan of vansteel in general. All the same, I’d go with them.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:48 PM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

When I have a question on parts for my car I can pick up the phone, call Sam, and ask as many questions as I want. He's there. And he's on these forums too.

When I rolled into grid at the couple of national tour events that I've done and looked around me I saw that all the rest of the Corvettes in my class were on Strano setups. And Sam was there racing the same parts that I was on.

I think all of that is worth something.
The following users liked this post:
Gray Ghost GS (06-08-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 06:24 AM
sccaGT1racer
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty2919
I run my 03 C5Z in CAM-S...Koni SA's, full exhaust, HPS pads all else stock with 315 Rival S square. It's a HEAVILY street driven car so I won't go nuts with it.

My last "piece of the suspension puzzle" would be a front bar as MANY say it's all that is needed to tie it all together. I see a lot of suggestions for the Strano 1 5/16" bar with adj endlinks combo, however Vansteel seems to offer the same size/tubular/2 way adj bar and ~$50 difference.

At that point does it boil down to who can find deals and or being brand loyal? I don't hear of any fitment issues with either. Of course both companies are highly regarded for their products.

Anything I am missing? I have some local racers that get good deals on Vansteel products.
Being a z06 with stiffer spring I would go with the strano 33 mm bar. The Van steel 35 mm bar works great on the base c5. Ive used both and this is what id recommend to be Fast.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:45 AM
smitty2919
Safety Car

Received 2,018 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Originally Posted by Sox-Fan
When I have a question on parts for my car I can pick up the phone, call Sam, and ask as many questions as I want. He's there. And he's on these forums too.

When I rolled into grid at the couple of national tour events that I've done and looked around me I saw that all the rest of the Corvettes in my class were on Strano setups. And Sam was there racing the same parts that I was on.

I think all of that is worth something.
Yes that is true for some. It is nice that you can have physical access to Sam and or be around many that run his parts. I don't have that luxury. My local guys are Danny Popp/ Paul Curley/ and Marshall Reinart which all go the path toward Vansteel/JRi/Forgeline setups and varying driving styles/setup approaches. I take all opinions into account. I have kept the Strano approach running Koni SA's with his recommended settings. I have zero complaints about that setting.

Originally Posted by sccaGT1racer
Being a z06 with stiffer spring I would go with the strano 33 mm bar. The Vansteel 35 mm bar works great on the base c5. Ive used both and this is what id recommend to be Fast.
Good point. My assumption was the bigger bar from Strano was what people typically run. Thanks

Last edited by smitty2919; 05-21-2019 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:43 AM
Whis9
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by smitty2919
Yes that is true for some. It is nice that you can have physical access to Sam and or be around many that run his parts. I don't have that luxury. My local guys are Danny Popp/ Paul Curley/ and Marshall Reinart which all go the path toward Vansteel/JRi/Forgeline setups and varying driving styles/setup approaches. I take all opinions into account. I have kept the Strano approach running Koni SA's with his recommended settings. I have zero complaints about that setting.

Good point. My assumption was the bigger bar from Strano was what people typically run. Thanks

Another vote for Vansteel and the Cincinnati boys, tried and tested and usually on the top of the podium

Get notified of new replies

To Front sway bars Strano or Vansteel

Quick Reply: Front sway bars Strano or Vansteel