Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harness bar template

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 06:48 PM
Fishy Dave
Instructor

Received 171 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Harness bar template

Hi Guys,
I'm mid way through fitting a Vetteworks Sharkbar to my C6, but it didn't come with any instructions, or the template needed to drill the sail panels. I've found the instructions but am stuck without the template. Does anyone have a copy they could scan please? I've got to get the interior back in ready for the drive to Le Mans later in the week. I have tried contacting Dan at Vetteworks for a couple of weeks but no reply to my email yet.

Thanks, Dave
Old 06-09-2019, 04:11 AM
Fishy Dave
Instructor

Help! Before the drill comes out, does anyone have the Sharkbar template please?
Old 06-09-2019, 02:57 PM
Fishy Dave
Instructor

That took a few hours, but the harness bar is in. In the absence of a template the best I could do was use this photo: https://z06life.files.wordpress.com/...1/template.jpg
It took a bit of trial and error using that image, pilot holes and a lazer but my wife and I are pretty pleased with the result. Of course it would have been easier if Vetteworks had included instructions and the template.

I need to find suitable seats next. I had bought a pair of used Recaro's from a Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nurburgring (pretty sure you won't have these in the States?), but sadly they are just too big, even with the plastic sides removed. Not sure I want full race seats, so as to retain some road comfort, but haven't got a big budget to spend either.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:14 AM
03Zcrit
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

These were a tight fit but came out pretty nice

Old 06-10-2019, 04:58 AM
andersnor
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Seats are a nightmare it seems in the vettes, hello from norway.

Just did first track day, wow you really need new seats is my first thought.

Get notified of new replies

To Harness bar template

Quick Reply: Harness bar template