Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5Z, Ride Height Bolt Not Raising High Enough

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 10:23 AM
DK83
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default C5Z, Ride Height Bolt Not Raising High Enough

Hi folks, got a bit of a head scratcher here.

I wanted to raise my LF ride height a tad because it's the lowest out of all corners for some reason. When the bolt is maxed out, it won't go as high as the RF ride height. The bolt turns just fine and from the looks of it, I may have after market bolts because I see a white puck underneath it(delrin?). I used the J and K trim points to measure the height.

Currently have T1 springs and sways with DRM shocks. Trying to figure this out in case something is binding or could lead to bigger issues in the future.

Thanks.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:51 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

disconnect sway bar? Is it stripped...ie can you physically see that it is moving higher? You can always shim under the support with a piece of aluminum/plastic.

Remember when you raise the LF, you are jacking weight into the RR. You may need to lower the RR to allow the LF to come up. Think of a restaurant table with uneven legs.

I just re-leveled my car this week. It's as perfect as it can be. Somehow it was scaled perfectly, but one side was lower than the other. It all works together, you can't just start jacking around a single corner.

Quick Reply: C5Z, Ride Height Bolt Not Raising High Enough