Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Brief History on Racing Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 02:15 PM
Curated Content Editor
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 915 Likes on 461 Posts
Default A Brief History on Racing Corvettes

A Brief History on Racing Corvettes
By Paul Ashley

A journey through Corvettes Successful Racing History, and the cars that made it happen.

Old 10-05-2019, 01:41 AM
TCracingCA
Team Owner

Received 1,683 Likes on 1,005 Posts

This Zora? Greenwood Wide Body Prototype History is really poor! It needs serious help!

John or maybe Burt saw the rules on doing a wide tire car! Mentioned it to Zora at a Trans Am Race! Zora had Whittine draw up a design, Zora penned the spoiler himself. Jerry Palmer clawed the fenders to the shape. Zora had duplicates does by Diversity, and the Mule was born. I believe at this time the Mule went to Greenwood, and him and Riley designed the chassis/suspension. They started testing it. When they thought they had it, Zora and Schorr came for a visit, and Zora drove it around in Ohio! The aero was pretty clean, they went to work on the competition car! I bet Greenwood continued testing the Mule! And Greenwood’s personal transportation car didn’t spring up from thin air! I bet Mule is the Greenwood personal car.

I think I spooked Burt with all of this on the Registry! He in his posts doesn’t like all of the inaccuracies! I am now writing down source interviews, comments in print, etc so I can defend my theories.

Last edited by TCracingCA; 10-05-2019 at 02:49 AM.

Quick Reply: A Brief History on Racing Corvettes