Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1966 L79 Coupe For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Snohomish Vette
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 15 Posts

Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by Snohomish Vette; 03-09-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:06 AM
SupremeDeluxe
Safety Car

Received 849 Likes on 475 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Bill,

I had seen your 66 posted on craigslist a week or two ago and have been thinking about it ever since. Beautiful car. I wish it was closer to fall when I will be in the market to buy another.

Best of luck with the sale!
Old 07-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Glenn's 67 BB Vert
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man i just have to win the Lottery--all these nice vettes and me with no money and a project vette?? --Glenn pacifico TTT 4U
Old 07-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Bill,

Very nice car! There is a guy who wants to buy a car and has $40K to spend. His name is Ray and he goes by the name RAYVAFLAV. He has been looking for some time like I did. Might work something out with him. Good luck and again, nice car! My red 65 coupe also has the CE motor form 1972. Block is a 350 with all the 327/365 parts put on it. Runs great too.

Ken

Last edited by Kensmith; 08-07-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I think you and Ray need to get together on this car. If not, I may have to drive up and make a deal. That looks like a very nice car and looks to be priced fairly. Problem is the market seems to be down from last year. Had I known it was for sale before I bought mine, I would have come seen it and made you a deal. I like the car! n
Old 08-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Glenn's 67 BB Vert
Melting Slicks

Hey Ken i'm buying lottery tickets to get this car Wish i had my 55 chevy sedan sold --maybe i could come up with the other half ?? --Nice car supprised it isn't sold--Where are all those folks "looking " for Vette's??? Guess they aren't serious??--Glenn --Att 4U
Old 08-08-2007, 12:08 AM
claysmoker
Race Director

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Glenn's 67 BB Vert
Hey Ken i'm buying lottery tickets to get this car Wish i had my 55 chevy sedan sold --maybe i could come up with the other half ?? --Nice car supprised it isn't sold--Where are all those folks "looking " for Vette's??? Guess they aren't serious??--Glenn --Att 4U
Did you say 55? I'm looking for one, PM please.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:03 AM
jcapps
Drifting

Received 546 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn's 67 BB Vert
Actually asked for more pictures and only got 3. Also I am unsure of the documentation since I would think that would explain why or when the engine was changed. While it is a nice car, it just did not float my boat.

I am sure someone will snap it up
Old 08-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Glenn's 67 BB Vert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by claysmoker
Did you say 55? I'm looking for one, PM please.
PM sent re:55 chevy
Old 08-08-2007, 07:59 PM
jcapps
Drifting

Received 546 Likes on 168 Posts

Exactly why I passed on the car. good luck
Old 08-09-2007, 07:23 AM
tls630
Melting Slicks

I have talked to Ray in the past and I do believe he wants a #'s matching original car! I would be interested if it was not for that CE engine!It does look like a nice car though. Viet
Old 08-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I don't know if it would be possible to find a NUMBERS matching nice car like that for $43K ? Maybe a 64 restamp? (no offense to any 64's out there)
Old 08-14-2007, 09:59 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 979 Likes on 491 Posts

Default I Would Really Like To Own This Car...

Originally Posted by viet630
I have talked to Ray in the past and I do believe he wants a #'s matching original car! I would be interested if it was not for that CE engine!It does look like a nice car though. Viet
No, unfotunately for me it comes down to simply a monetary issue. This car has everything that I am looking for in a midyear coupe. For me, matching numbers would be terrific but as I am really looking for a coupe that I can use,a CE engine is okay by me and I really like the fact that Bill has all of the original parts (albeit, not the block) in case the new owner wants to assemble an original looking engine. That to me is a huge plus, that the existing original parts stay with the car. My simple issue is that I started looking for a coupe 2 years ago with a budget of 30k and have really struggled to increase that to 40k. An extra 3k to get the car that you want might not seem that that big a deal but just fighting for that extra to get to 40k was a struggle for me. Although I have not been up there to see the car in person (because I really am not in a position to come up with another 1k for flight/hotel/rental car/cocktails in a new town/and especially time off of work). I think that this is a terrific car that I am sure is worth the asking price with some great options that I just simply cannot afford. That is all my doing/problem/fault. I have talked with the owner a few times and he has been very accomadating and has sent me a nice set of photos as requested. Hey Bill, if nothing else, this at least puts your advertisement TTT !
Old 08-30-2007, 08:47 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

Ray,

Should have bought it before the price went up.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:52 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Tom McCabe
Ray,

Should have bought it before the price went up.
Dear Tom,

Thank you for kicking me while I am both down and Vettless.

Your friend, Ray

p.s. You got anything for sale ?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:03 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rayvaflav
Dear Tom,

Thank you for kicking me while I am both down and Vettless.

Your friend, Ray

p.s. You got anything for sale ?
Ray,

Take your time, something will come up for you!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rayvaflav
No, unfotunately for me it comes down to simply a monetary issue. This car has everything that I am looking for in a midyear coupe. For me, matching numbers would be terrific but as I am really looking for a coupe that I can use,a CE engine is okay by me and I really like the fact that Bill has all of the original parts (albeit, not the block) in case the new owner wants to assemble an original looking engine. That to me is a huge plus, that the existing original parts stay with the car. My simple issue is that I started looking for a coupe 2 years ago with a budget of 30k and have really struggled to increase that to 40k. An extra 3k to get the car that you want might not seem that that big a deal but just fighting for that extra to get to 40k was a struggle for me. Although I have not been up there to see the car in person (because I really am not in a position to come up with another 1k for flight/hotel/rental car/cocktails in a new town/and especially time off of work). I think that this is a terrific car that I am sure is worth the asking price with some great options that I just simply cannot afford. That is all my doing/problem/fault. I have talked with the owner a few times and he has been very accomadating and has sent me a nice set of photos as requested. Hey Bill, if nothing else, this at least puts your advertisement TTT !
Hi Ray

You have been staight forward in your reasoning and IMHO considering your position you have made the right choice. I question that you are going to get a documneted original car with as many nice options as this one has for 40 but a NOM sb at 45 is pushing the limit to the max

I think this is a real nice car and worth it if you can spare it. However there is ALWAYS something that needs to be fixed or made to look better and that adds to the price.

Doug

Get notified of new replies

To 1966 L79 Coupe For Sale

Old 09-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Ray, have some money in reserve to fix unforeseen mechanical issues. These cars are old and parts get fatigued. I have spent big bucks on mine just to make it safe and drivable. Rebuilt rear end, trailing arm, clutch, front springs, master cylinder, rag joint, steering box, brakes, and it keeps going from there. Just be prepared!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:39 PM
rayvaflav
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Kensmith
Ray, have some money in reserve to fix unforeseen mechanical issues. These cars are old and parts get fatigued. I have spent big bucks on mine just to make it safe and drivable. Rebuilt rear end, trailing arm, clutch, front springs, master cylinder, rag joint, steering box, brakes, and it keeps going from there. Just be prepared!
What are you talking about Ken ? I spend $35k for a Midyear coupe, another $535.00 to add a teak steering wheel and that's it. $35,535.00 total investment in an old Corvette coupe. I'm pretty sure that I have this one figured out.

ttt for a terrific coupe !
Old 09-06-2007, 01:47 PM
tomo67
Racer

Quote, "What are you talking about Ken ? I spend $35k for a Midyear coupe, another $535.00 to add a teak steering wheel and that's it. $35,535.00 total investment in an old Corvette coupe. I'm pretty sure that I have this one figured out."

Ray, I want some of the magic dust you sprinkled on that Midyear. I bought mine in nearly perfect condition and then needed the carb rebuilt, transmission overhauled - so replace the clutch, speedometer reads fast, new, repaint console, etc., etc.

Snohomish, TTT for a nice car!

Tom

Quick Reply: 1966 L79 Coupe For Sale