Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1965 cOUPE

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:40 PM
prestige6
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Default 1965 cOUPE

What would be a good or average price to pay for a 65 coupe, Red, with black interior, Repro knock offs, side pipes,327-350 h.p. Power brakes,Real good driver or better condition.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:51 PM
1BAD-LS1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Based on what I have seen (and personally looked at), I would say anywhere from $35k to $40k (for a non matching numbers car)
Old 09-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

$40 to $45 with good frame, nice interior, good body and driver quality paint. But be prepaired for mechanical issues. Stuff wears out on these old cars.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 PM
richbopp
Melting Slicks

Location: Park City to SoCal - according to the map it's all down hill. No bad days in Indian Wells, California
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kensmith
$40 to $45 with good frame, nice interior, good body and driver quality paint. But be prepaired for mechanical issues. Stuff wears out on these old cars and their drivers.

fixed it for ya........... the Doctor reminds me all the time that I can get replacement parts for my C2 - however expensive they might be, but personally for my old body - new parts do not seem to be an option
Old 09-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by richbopp
fixed it for ya........... the Doctor reminds me all the time that I can get replacement parts for my C2 - however expensive they might be, but personally for my old body - new parts do not seem to be an option
Yep......thanks Rich
Old 09-12-2007, 08:43 PM
provette67
Le Mans Master

Received 705 Likes on 383 Posts

$40 to $45 with good frame, nice interior, good body and driver quality paint. But be prepaired for mechanical issues. Stuff wears out on these old cars.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

I'll second that! I bought a "frame" on car that looked great, but turned out it needed many things... Take that into consideration and do a good evaluation on the car, bring an expert if ya can!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 06:43 PM
rss454
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just my 2 Cents

I don't think you can get a car in the 40-45k range that you won't have to put a lot into with in a year.(once you start driving it and figure out what u didn't find on the inspection lol) I may be wrong, but the one's I have had inspected in that price range, were going to need 7-10k down the line. If you can do your own repairs that is a different matter, but if you can't the labor on all the little things adds up quickly.

I also found most in that price range had some issue. Wrong trim tags... many had been hit and repaired poorly...to say nothing of the supposed "original" cars that had things you wondered about.

If you don't need an original engine and trans, I have seen several nice cars on here that looked very nice for the $. I think market is slowing down, and we will see if I am right this winter. I would wait a while and see what happens. I know many people will disagree, but we have not had a severe downturn in the economy or anything bad on the international stage in a while. That may be happening now. I think in the next 6 months in Pakistan we will have a government hostile to the US with nuclear weapons. We have never seen that before, it will make a lot of people nervous. And when they are nervous they don't buy 50k cars for fun. Again, just my 2 cents. I will now drive quickly to my bunker to escape expected counter fire.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:07 PM
avideo
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just To Add My .02 Cents..........

I think high 30,000s to mid-40,000s is about right. Of course it all depends on where you live. Our here in the Pacific Nothwest some of the C2 prices are just crazy - even when they don't draw any buyers.
But in any case, unless you've already owned a C2 in the past and have a clear idea what problem areas to check for - be sure you take someone knowledgeable about mid years to look at the car BEFORE you strike a deal. Good luck!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:53 PM
prestige6
Melting Slicks

Default 1965 or 66 vert or convertible

Looked at this car, nice but to many things wrong with it. Why can't people be honest???? I've owned these cars new and down the years. I'm looking to buy a 65 or 66 coupe or conv.Nice condition not someones crap... New York, Pa. N.J. CT. MA. DEL. MD.Vir. if you have something let me know.But please don't waste my time.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:53 PM
prestige6
Melting Slicks

Default WTB 65 or 66 coupe or conv.

Looking for a 65 or 66 coupe or conv. Must be Red or Black with white interior, Don't care about matching numbers.I want a real good driver or better car 4 speed with side pipes.perferably.In the New york,New Jersey,CT,PA,DE,MD.NH,MA. area.Please no junk.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:36 PM
a560156
Drifting

Originally Posted by rss454
I don't think you can get a car in the 40-45k range that you won't have to put a lot into with in a year.(once you start driving it and figure out what u didn't find on the inspection lol) I may be wrong, but the one's I have had inspected in that price range, were going to need 7-10k down the line. If you can do your own repairs that is a different matter, but if you can't the labor on all the little things adds up quickly.

I also found most in that price range had some issue. Wrong trim tags... many had been hit and repaired poorly...to say nothing of the supposed "original" cars that had things you wondered about.

There will be some on here who disagree with you (not me), but they are the same guys who argue that you can get a quality paint job for $3K.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:18 AM
stingrayl76
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rss454

Put the $$$$ up front and you'll be ahead in the long run.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:41 AM
turtleman
Advanced

Contes in Vineland NJ has some nice cars. I sold him a car he gave me a fare price. He does not sell any junk cars that you have to throw a lot of money into.
Thanks Mark
Old 09-22-2007, 09:07 PM
woodsdesign
Safety Car

Received 538 Likes on 350 Posts

I own a 65 coupe that i reciently finished restoreing from the ground up. It is a L-79, red with black leather (org maroon and vinyl) Vintage air, added pb and ps. A dealer reciently asked what it would take to buy the car and I told him 50K. Which I thought was pretty good. Then a buddy asked me if I could replace it for that price and and I realized that the answer is NO. A good restored car with no issues is going to be expensive. Eighter pay it up front or pay it in the resto costs. Just my opinion.

Get notified of new replies

To 1965 cOUPE

Quick Reply: 1965 cOUPE