Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1965 Chevrolet Corvette For Sale $28.5K

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 09:21 PM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ttt..someone buy this car!

Last edited by vt65; 07-23-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:36 PM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ttt..someone buy this car! He's down to $25K !!!!! http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1s-...must-sell.html How can anyone looking for a good driver pass this up? Just wish i was in a position to look at it!

Last edited by vt65; 07-23-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:16 PM
eric.young
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am really tempted but just started looking at C2's a week or so ago. One is definitely in my future!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:18 AM
frank lewis
Intermediate

Default Probably sold

Probably sold - no answer to private e-mail
Old 08-05-2011, 07:06 AM
mar
Burning Brakes

Why don't you snap the engine compartment at least? Your ebay photos are tiny and cannot be enlarged. So it sort of looks like an innocuous flim-flam to me. Based on what 'needs' to be done, sounds like it might have been run of the road and tweaked the undercarriage and also damaged the front body to the extent that all new fenders, etc. were installed: hence the '67 upgrade'. Shiny paint though. - although it was hastily prepped and applied and is now coming off. Gotta' sell quick before it begins to look really bad and obvious to even a novice. Tell me I'm wrong.

mk
Originally Posted by So Calm
Yes this car did come from MD. And before that it came from N.C. Check out the newly listed add that includes engine pictures. For 27,500 it is a good price for a car that needs nothing to get out and drive.

Last edited by mar; 08-05-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:19 PM
So Calm
Intermediate

Default Mad Mar

If you read through my postings carefully then you will see the link to my photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1035393...O7RgP7nqf2uiwE

You will also notice that what "needs" to be done is based off of a list that was generated by a local NCRS professional who was recommended on THIS FORUM.

The reason I joined this forum was to learn more about C2's from local folk with lots of knowledge, not to listen to some curmudgeon bash my car.

So folks like Mark_Milner and Mar who have nothing constructive to say about...anything. I doubt if they even own. And to folks like kwkenuf and Bowtyeguy who go out of their way to provide solid advice and mentorship in the wonderful world of C2's. And I those forum members who's persona is just as sincere and informative online as it is in person. Duntov would be proud.

For the younger folk on this forum who can't quite get into an NCRS, top flight blue ribbon deal just yet, I say stick with it. Hell I just met my buyer. He's 70 years young and the sincerest person you'd ever meet.

Take it down, it's sold.

Last edited by So Calm; 08-05-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:57 PM
VettePro67
Racer

If you read through my postings carefully then you will see the link to my photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/1035393...O7RgP7nqf2uiwE

You will also notice that what "needs" to be done is based off of a list that was generated by a local NCRS professional who was recommended on THIS FORUM.

The reason I joined this forum was to learn more about C2's from local folk with lots of knowledge, not to listen to some curmudgeon bash my car.

So folks like Mark_Milner and Mar who have nothing constructive to say about...anything. I doubt if they even own. And to folks like kwkenuf and Bowtyeguy who go out of their way to provide solid advice and mentorship in the wonderful world of C2's. And I those forum members who's persona is just as sincere and informative online as it is in person. Duntov would be proud.

For the younger folk on this forum who can't quite get into an NCRS, top flight blue ribbon deal just yet, I say stick with it. Hell I just met my buyer. He's 70 years young and the sincerest person you'd ever meet.

Take it down, it's sold.
Congrats on you sale! There are alot of people on this board that are dumb and bitter. I just ignore them or "play with them" like a cat plays with a mouse!
Old 08-06-2011, 01:36 AM
UberLegend
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats SoCalm on your sale. I liked your goodlooking Vette and it made me seriously nervous(ready to reach for my checkbook) but I'm holding out for a late C1.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Mark_Milner
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Take it down, it's sold.

Let's see, I offered several idea of what needed to be shown in pictures, and you did add many. I guess that isn't constructive. Showing the flaws is very helpful, as instead of leaving someone guessing, it shows the potential buyer what may be a very minor and unimportant issue. Like some of the minor cracks and such, for a driver, i would ignore them, and so would many. But just listing there are cracks leads one to imagine the worse. A picture shows the extent.

Here is another. When you reply, and reply inside a quoted area, mark your comments differently than the poster's comments so you can see your answers.

MM: All of your pictures look like many of the car lots, showing the shine and reflection and special angles but have no pictures of what is crucial to a good buying decision.

SC: Thank you, I pride myself in my photography.

MM: You have two pictures of something mechanical - both are the rear end.

You don't even show the engine compartment after talking about the engine so much.

SC: The new add has a link to pictures of the engine.

MM: None of the flaws you mention are pictured. If I were selling and said there is a minor tear in the driver's seat, I'd show a picture so that everyone can see how minor it is.

SC: If someone is local and interested enough in the car they would come out and have a look without needing a picture of a tear in the seat.

MM: If you want to sell to the general public non-car people, you show pictures that stress emotion with looks, style, and flash.

SC: Again, thank you for the compliment.

MM: If you want to sell to car crazy Corvette enthusiast, you have to show pictures that answer the dozens of technical questions they have. these typically on an old Corvette are engine, engine stamp pad when claimed original, any "flaws" you mention so they can judge for themselves, frame especially under the doors, and the birdcage if you can get a camera in there.

SC: As you can see from the description of my add, it says NOM. Therefore no pictures of a stamp pad need be present. Nor have I attempted to falsely advertise this car as original or manufacture said stamp.

MM: Good luck in your sale, it is a beautiful car. A coworker had one like it in '76 and I was in love with it, but never did manage to get one like it.
You were pretty defensive on that stamp pad. No where did I imply you were selling original or passing it off as such. I said these were pictures that are typically desired.

And I guess complimenting your car was also a bad thing.

This reply I especially liked:

SC: If someone is local and interested enough in the car they would come out and have a look without needing a picture of a tear in the seat.

You advertise on a world wide forum, and expect only local people to be interested? Heck, people buy cars from all over the country and world, but to do so, they need to know more than an address so they can come look. Many on here go on from time to time about reading an ad, then traveling to see the car, and if the seller has simply posted a few pictures or emailed them like asked, they would have saved the potential buyer hundreds of dollars.

This isn't 1972 where your sales market is the 30 mile radius of the local newspaper. This is a world wide market.

Insulting those who have been in this hobby for years, know the market, and have had these cars for years, is not the best way to fit in.

But maybe all you were here for was to sell a car.

But you got me. I don't own a Corvette. I have never owned a Corvette. I will never have enough money to ever own one. I don't even own a car. I don't know a single thing about these cars. I am not even a real person, just a made up name by a 13 year old pimple faced skinny kid in the basement being a troll on this forum.

I guess I'm outed.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:22 PM
0Corvettes by George
Former Vendor

Received 152 Likes on 101 Posts

Is your buyer local to the San Antonio area?
Did he discover, or did you point out the rust areas in the frame that need repair?
I can repair that frame for him.
Please pass along my contact information.
George Wright
210-748-4693
geopar@gvtc.com
Old 08-06-2011, 06:27 PM
RacrX
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by 1960fi
Did he discover, or did you point out the rust areas in the frame that need repair?
George Wright
210-748-4693
geopar@gvtc.com

Old 08-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Mark_Milner
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 1960fi
George Wright
210-748-4693
geopar@gvtc.com
Hmmmm. Didn't see this in the description.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:27 AM
Kaw550
3rd Gear

Default Anyone know the status if this car?

I beleive this car may have belonged to my uncle.

I recently found theVIN and I have sent out a few emails
Old 04-21-2018, 03:43 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,324 Likes on 2,773 Posts

You are replying to a 7 year old advertisement post. Its unlikely people are reading it.

Consider sending PMs to people you think may have info.
The following users liked this post:
Corvettes by George (04-28-2018)

Quick Reply: 1965 Chevrolet Corvette For Sale $28.5K