Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1963 Grand Sport vintage racer

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:51 PM
pasunbum
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is jims grand sport still for sale? very interested...
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 PM
jim lockwood
Race Director

Received 6,528 Likes on 3,003 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by pasunbum
is jims grand sport still for sale? very interested...
Yes it is. I sent you a PM a couple of days ago.

Jim
Old 04-26-2012, 11:27 PM
silverslashstreak
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Jim, I just watched the thunder hill video again, really cool. Good luck with the sale, I just wish I was in the position to take it off your hands, it truly is one of the nicest tribute GSs I have ever seen.

Jeff
Old 04-27-2012, 08:49 AM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,901 Likes on 883 Posts

Default Gs

Good Morning Jim,

I've always thought your car looked incredible! Hate to see you sell it, but I do understand your reasoning. Somebody will keep this on the track!

I wish I had the ability to purchase your car, but unfortunately, I just don't have the funding necessary.

None the less, somebody will be getting a "bargain" when they purchase your car as it truly is one of a kind.

Good luck with the sale!

Pat

P.S. Bring it on down to the show in Placerville. I think it's on the 20th of May.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:16 PM
jim lockwood
Race Director

Received 6,528 Likes on 3,003 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Pat and Jeff, thanks for the kind words. Researching and building the car was truly a labor of love. Racing it, though, was just off-the-charts fun. I hate to turn loose of it, but I want to see it on the track, not parked.

Pat, what Placerville show? On Main Street, like in past years?

Jim
Old 04-27-2012, 03:28 PM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,901 Likes on 883 Posts

Default Car Show

Hello Jim,

Yes, the car show is the one located right in downtown Placerville. This is the one put on by the Placerville Lions in conjuction with the Placerville Downtown Association. It's referred to as "The Hangtown Car Show." It is scheduled for the 20th of May. Parking will begin at 06:30 am and you would be surprised at how long the line gets if you lag much later than that.

It's a nice local show, although they want you to commit to staying until 03:00 pm. That's the hardest part for me. I usually don't stick around that long at car shows, but in this case it's nice to support the City.

The cost is $25.00 if you pay before May 1st, and $30.00 afterward.

Let me know if you plan to come. I would be honored if I could park anywhere near that GS....even if I were in it's shadow!

Take Care,

Pat
Old 05-04-2012, 08:16 PM
tyoneal
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Traco Parts

Jim:

I have purchased a Traco part like this one. (The Traco Remote Filter "Adapter")

I would like to verify the part numbers of this piece, and the part numbers of these other items:

Further, Where did you find the Harrison oil cooler? Do you have a part number Handy?

Do you have some good shots of your engine compartment that shows where all these parts are suppose to be mounted?

I know this doesn't really help you sell you car, however the work you have put into your car is commendable, and I know it is just a matter of time before someone sees your car and snaps it up. If I wasn't so far along on mine, yours would be the choice I would make. The authenticity alone makes it a jewel.

If there is some kind of book available where one could find all this information, I would quickly buy one. My build is getting to the point that some of the smaller nuances need to be in the pipe for construction.

I am going to contact wizard and get a set of his aluminum hinges, they look like a great product.

I'm assuming your interior is "Vintage" as well?

I plan on making the same alterations to my MAI car as you did. Authenticity of the project never hurts and this is a dream car for me.

Do you ever drive your on the street?

Is there anything in particular that you would definitely do to the MAI parts that are a "No Brainer" as far as putting one of these cars together?

You didn't put a build book together by any chance did you?

Anyway, you put together a wonderful car, and probably have more miles on yours than any of the original Drivers did "Back in the Day".

You are a very fortunate person.

My engine will be different than yours, however I'm going to do the best I can to duplicate your engine compartment.

For racing do you just have the 4 point Roll bar or have you added the rest to make a cage in your car?

Who built your safety cell? Do you have a steel bulkhead between you and the location of your fuel cell?

Anyway enough questions.

Thanks,

Ty O'Neal
Attached Images    
Old 05-06-2012, 06:52 PM
69z28&ss396
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Ill be your relief driver!! You can even ride along with me!! Great looking car, Id have to sell all four of my muscle cars to come up with the coin, unless your in the tradin business.. but GLWS!!

Quick Reply: 1963 Grand Sport vintage racer