Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

WTT: 1969 Triple Black Convertible with Side Pipes for a 1958 Corvette

Old 02-14-2012, 12:53 PM
igy08
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT: 1969 Triple Black Convertible with Side Pipes for a 1958 Corvette

1969 Triple Black L46 4 speed convertible with side pipes for a 1958 corvette. The ‘69 has a numbers matching engine, block and transmission. The rear end is original and date specific and the trim tag is 900/402, which is black paint and black leather.

It has been restored including a new starter, new brakes, a rebuilt suspension, new carpeting, new leather seats and a holley avenger carb. The engine also appears to have been rebuilt. The side pipes are not factory and were added during the restoration. The wheels are the original rally wheels and the tires have less than 600 miles on them. It has the original 1969 Corvette AC AM-FM Stereo with the amplifier, which has been restored and is fully functional. The gauges are mostly functional (the gas gauge shows Full until about 1/4 tank and the water temp gauge stopped working about two months ago), however the clock is fully functional. The fiber optics are not currently working. The undercarriage is strong and rust free. It has power brakes, but not A/C or power steering. The car is kept covered in a humidity controlled garage.

It has one repaint, which was done using the correct Tuxedo Black lacquer paint. It's in excellent condition, but not quite show condition as there is one dime size spider web on the hood and some cracking on the fenders, which is characteristic of lacquer.

I have documentation going back to 2005 and the previous owner who did the restoration. Unfortunately, I do not know the history prior to that. The odometer reads 04807, however actual mileage is unknown. The car is in excellent condition and can be used as an excellent driver or is a prime candidate for an NCRS restoration.

I am looking for an excellent driver quality 1958 Corvette, not a show car or a project. My preference is a 4 speed, Red with White Coves and black interior, however I can be flexible. It does not have to be a date specific/matching numbers engine, although that is preferred.

Required:
• Rust Free
• No hit body
• Manual Transmission
• Black or Red Interior
• No body modifications

Preferred:
• Red with white coves
• Hardtop included
• Original Interior, including Wonderbar radio

I am willing to add cash plus the ’69 for the right '58. I am located in Virginia Beach but can travel to inspect potential trades. I would prefer to trade the '69, but will sell it for $42,500.

See the links below for additional pictures and video.

http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w439/igy100/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpsxz...IeytIvAUNFh4he

Old 02-14-2012, 05:13 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,318 Likes on 2,767 Posts

Where were you when I was spending 2 years finding a real 900 code TB '69 roadster and having it completely restored... while playing with my '58?
Old 02-17-2012, 08:17 AM
igy08
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As they say, timing is everything. Your 58 looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. Want to sell it?

Get notified of new replies

To WTT: 1969 Triple Black Convertible with Side Pipes for a 1958 Corvette

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTT: 1969 Triple Black Convertible with Side Pipes for a 1958 Corvette