Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

67 coupe for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 08:38 PM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 67 coupe for sale.

SOLD. The buyer, a forum member, flew in and drove the car home to In. He(the buyer) lives near where the car was originally sold, and he knows the dealership.
BTT We have decided to sell our 67. If you do not like Green, this car is not for you. After the long drive to Carlisle and back 1150mi, I find that it is just not as much fun as it used to be, as it is with many other things.
With 3 Daughters who have no interest in it, we have no one to pass the car on to. It was at Carlisle on Friday and I am sure many forum members got a look see, and could comment on what they saw. As shown it was not in it's original state. Intake, covers etc. The prior owners had the forethought to keep everything removed. It is a factory 3spd car with factory ordered side exh. (Tank sticker on the tank). I have the complete 4spd setup we removed. Car has 41k documented, 40+ year old paint, with documentation back to 74'. Original engine. Currently has bolt ons, but have original wheels and more.
When I figure out how to post pix. I will. There is one in my avatar. Anyone REALLY interested can PM me and I will send all the photos. you want. Very original car with great history. Frame up restored in 02' with pix. I purchased the car in April from an NCRS judge. We have driven it 5K trouble free miles this summer. EVERYTHING works. It is a get in and drive car. $55K. I have owned 10 C2's over the years, and this is the nicest original one. Thanks.

Last edited by oldgold49er; 05-18-2016 at 08:47 AM. Reason: sold thanks
Old 09-07-2015, 11:44 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Default 67 history

The car was sold new at Chase Chevrolet in Dec. 66. Sn 6314.(shipping report from NCRS) Bought by a lawyer for his wife. It was ordered as a base car with 3spd. side exhaust, green interior, and a radio.(have tank sticker on original tank).In 74 was traded back to Chase. Chase repainted the car and sold it to the 2nd owner. The car was driven very little and stored for over 20 years(have photos). Sold on 6-20-02 to third owner(have photos). The car underwent a total frame up resto.(have photos.) Receipts for all work. The body was lifted off and left as bought. Placed on the restored chassis. Nice original and never wrecked. Original engine. The paint is 41 years old. Has nice patina. The car was then purchased by the 3rd owner, an NCRS judge. He has several vetted etc, and the car was driven little.
Sold to Rick Montgomery in 2012. Rick was a GM executive who retired to Bowling Green where he gave tours of the museum and handed keys to new owners. He built a Grand sport, was very knowledgable about Vettes( he has written articles for Vette views Mag.(I have copies). He became ill with cancer last winter. He passed in April. I bought the car from his estate. We brought the car home and replaced the trans with the original 3spd. The car has some modifications, Winters correct L79 al intake, L79 valve covers, PS, and a nice sounding cam, bolt ons. ALL of the original parts were kept with the car and I have them. The interior is original with the exception of new carpet. The drivers door panel has the usual crack in the arm rest, have new door panels.
We drove the car to Carlisle. Got 17+ mpg at 70mph. The car does not use, leak, or burn oil, and is fun to drive. It was the only car like it at Carlisle. Many had never seen a 3spd. car. I think most have been converted as this one was. Windshield is original as well as the other glass including the rear window. never removed. Doors never removed. Everything works.
Why am I selling? After driving 1150mi. to and from Carlisle, I have found the creature comforts of a newer car appealing. We have no one to pass the car on to. We are thinking of buying a condo in Tampa where family lives. It is just to cold for us now in Vermont. This is a nice very unique original car that has been owned and documented by older appreciative people. I have a huge file of documentation back to 74 when Chase resold the car. My intention was to return it to the original configuration and have it judged. I find that I just do not have the energy or ambition to do it, and as I age family time becomes more important. It was cool to see my old 67(Nowhereman) at Carlisle, and have the coupe there too. Willing to answer questions and send photos. to anyone seriously interested. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:49 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Post your pics in your ad, it tends to help sales a lot. Good luck.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:59 PM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Default pix. of the 67

I have many more. PM and I will send them. I can also discuss on the phone. Please call and leave message. 8zero2three4nine5zero6for
The alternator is original and has just been rebuilt now 61A.
Thanks, J
Old 09-07-2015, 08:08 PM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Default How about a few more

IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/23uwp5h.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:18 PM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Default On a roll here now that I figured out to post pix.

I have many more. Just ask. Thanks. J
I have all of the shielding for the motor.

Last edited by oldgold49er; 09-07-2015 at 08:19 PM. Reason: added info.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:25 PM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Default Some docs.

IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/10nvlv5.jpg[/IMG]
Bye for now.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:44 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Very nice car I had a 67 that car was also green with a green interior, but mine was a big block conv with the matching hard top.

Good luck with your sale.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:59 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Default Goodwood Green

Originally Posted by bob guzzy
Very nice car I had a 67 that car was also green with a green interior, but mine was a big block conv with the matching hard top.

Good luck with your sale.
Thanks. Green was the most popular color in 67'. I think many of the Green cars are now Red or Blue. There were not many Green C2's at Carlisle.
We owned a 67 Green/black coupe in 74' also a BB car. The wife was afraid of the car, awesome power, poor handling. We traded it for the foundation of our current house. Been here since 80'. Thanks again.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:06 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

If the problem is, you don't have someone to leave it too, then well, I'll raise my hand and solve the problem!

Seriously though, its a well represented and documented car. If somebody has their heart set on a 67 Coupe, this could be the one.

Best of luck with your sale, and have fun in Sunny Florida!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:30 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Default Thanks Rev

Originally Posted by Revfan
If the problem is, you don't have someone to leave it too, then well, I'll raise my hand and solve the problem!

Seriously though, its a well represented and documented car. If somebody has their heart set on a 67 Coupe, this could be the one.

Best of luck with your sale, and have fun in Sunny Florida!
I can not take the 67 to Fl. Wife has no interest in riding in a car with no AC.
Thanks for your support. I have an old license plate that i have with my collection. It is a green Vermont custom plate. "MUNICH", given to me by a friend from the Netherlands years ago. Would you like it? free. PM me.
I very much appreciate all of the input you have given here on the forum and also for your service I served in the Navy in 69'-70'.
I also have a "vanity" plate i would like to send to the museum. When I visited I did not see a Vt. plate on the wall, "65NCRS". Could someone tell me who I might contact at the museum to see if they want it? Much appreciated.
To all who have asked about the paint. It is lacquer, and 41 years old. It has patina and is not show quality, but looks great from 10'. No cracks anywhere in the front clip, and it is original. The panel fit is as good as I have ever seen. To any one serious about my car, I will sell it for $55K and include many C2 parts, such as the 4spd. setup(rebuilt) we removed, original non-power steering setup(converted to PS), original Dc wheels, rings, and caps, original steel intake, valve covers with original bolts.etc. All of these parts have been cleaned, painted and are ready to bolt on. I have a 50yr. collection of C2 parts I will give to the buyer. Buyer can fly in and drive the car home. We drove the car to Carlisle and back(1150mi.)it runs/drives flawlessly. Buyer would have to have the parts shipped. Lots of stuff. Big stuff. I have the original gas tank with the sticker attached. I have found a C7 that I would like to buy. It would be much more suitable in Fl.
I have been here on the Forum for many years, and know the value of my car. I think $55K with all of the parts, probably valued at $4K or so, is a fair price. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:17 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Default panel fit photos and real patina

Original bumpers re-chromed, and they are perfect. Thanks

Last edited by oldgold49er; 09-10-2015 at 11:19 AM. Reason: added info.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:07 PM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Default Pix. of the 67

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
Post your pics in your ad, it tends to help sales a lot. Good luck.
Thanks. How is that? I do have more.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:08 PM
Daren67
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

GLWS.

I just painted my 67 back from Maroon to Goodwood Green, its orig color... so one for the goodwoods back on the road. When you sell it, buy a C7, my 70+ year old parents have it as their daily driver, and love every minute of it.

Last edited by Daren67; 09-11-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:39 PM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Default C7

Originally Posted by Daren67
GLWS.

I just painted my 67 back from Maroon to Goodwood Green, its orig color... so one for the goodwoods back on the road. When you sell it, buy a C7, my 70+ year old parents have it as their daily driver, and love every minute of it.
Daren, Interesting you mentioned that. I am looking at a trade for a new C7 Z51 coupe with Lt2 package. The new C7's are awesome. I thought i would ALWAYS own a C2, but as I age I have found that ALWAYS and NEVER are words we should be careful with. I am ready for more creature comforts...especially in Fl. I will know next week. Thanks. J

Last edited by oldgold49er; 09-11-2015 at 04:46 PM. Reason: add info.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:44 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgold49er
Thanks. How is that? I do have more.
Excellent job, That's the best way to maximize your exposure. Good luck with the sale.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:25 PM
BillB3672
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Nice 67

Very Nice 67 Goodwood Green!
I had a 67 Goodwood Green with Black interior, but no AC! I loved it!
I personally restored it with exception of the paint and I had the color changed to Marina Blue!
I lived in Florida at the time and the heat finally got to me, so sold it and bought a 77 with AC!
I am 73 and just bought a C7 2lt Z51 CRM with 7 speed Standard and love it!
GLWS its a great deal for someone!

Daren, Interesting you mentioned that. I am looking at a trade for a new C7 Z51 coupe with Lt2 package. The new C7's are awesome. I thought i would ALWAYS own a C2, but as I age I have found that ALWAYS and NEVER are words we should be careful with. I am ready for more creature comforts...especially in Fl. I will know next week. Thanks. J

Get notified of new replies

To 67 coupe for sale.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:17 AM
Revfan
Safety Car

Received 171 Likes on 120 Posts

somebody missed a chance to get a super 67 Coupe at a fair price.

When its time to sell, you'll know... and if you are INCREASING the driving mileage, well, its obvious that it ain't time!

Enjoy the Fall!

Last edited by Revfan; 09-17-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:43 AM
oldgold49er
Burning Brakes

Default Thanks Rev. I

Originally Posted by Revfan
somebody missed a chance to get a super 67 Coupe at a fair price.

When its time to sell, you'll know... and if you are INCREASING the driving mileage, well, its obvious that it ain't time!

Enjoy the Fall!
appreciate all you do for this forum. I never miss your posts. THANKS
Old 09-17-2015, 07:10 PM
sidepipe seeker
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

appreciate all you do for this forum. I never miss your posts. THANKS
I believe you made both a "Personal" & "Wise" decision to keep your C2 Corvette.

New corvettes are Everywhere like Starbucks, your C2 is more like a French Cafe on the Champs de Elysees...Mark

Quick Reply: 67 coupe for sale.