Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: F/S 1965 Coupe, $54000.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 01:59 PM
Greg Hollowaty
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 58 Posts

Hi Man,
The green zinc chromate was applied to the steel bird cage at the factory and every car will not look the same because of the interior application of paint. I am working on a 67 air car and I need to match the flat finish that was used on the left side air plenum. That air plenum hangs just below the birdcage arm that the ID tags are attachment to on all c-2's. So for some time now, I have been looking at lots of postings of C2 air cars that are for sale and the seller will post a photo of his ID tags and bingo - the air plenum finish is included. You will see the variation of exposed green zinc and body color and black out.

The following users liked this post:
ELEFUNTMAN (03-23-2017)
Old 03-23-2017, 08:49 PM
ELEFUNTMAN
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Hollowaty
Hi Man,
The green zinc chromate was applied to the steel bird cage at the factory and every car will not look the same because of the interior application of paint. I am working on a 67 air car and I need to match the flat finish that was used on the left side air plenum. That air plenum hangs just below the birdcage arm that the ID tags are attachment to on all c-2's. So for some time now, I have been looking at lots of postings of C2 air cars that are for sale and the seller will post a photo of his ID tags and bingo - the air plenum finish is included. You will see the variation of exposed green zinc and body color and black out.

Thanks, I think mine has more green!
Old 03-24-2017, 08:13 PM
Johnny 66
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been looking at lots of postings of C2 air cars that are for sale and the seller will post a photo of his ID tags and bingo - the air plenum finish is included. You will see the variation of exposed green zinc and body color and black out.
So you are saying some of the ID tags are painted black, like the AC plenum?
Old 03-24-2017, 11:34 PM
Greg Hollowaty
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny 66
So you are saying some of the ID tags are painted black, like the AC plenum?
Hi Johnny,
The Vin tags are stainless steel and the Trim tags are aluminum so both had a metallic look when new. They were attached to the birdcage after all of the exterior and interior color was applied. Not uncommon to see some over spray from the painting process on the green zinc birdcage z bar around the attached tags. As I look at my photos, my Vin tag looks like is black and that’s because the dirt and the reflection of the bare interior. I do not know why my z bar is black - maybe black out applied at the factory.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:35 PM
Johnny 66
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Greg, mine look exactly like yours. I always wondered why one looked silver, and the other black. My Z-Bar is also black.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:21 PM
HS Vette
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Looks like valley auto was the buyer. Vin: 194375S109263

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Chevrol...tY49SM&vxp=mtr

Last edited by HS Vette; 04-04-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Quick Reply: FS: F/S 1965 Coupe, $54000.