Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 1962 triple black (KC)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 01:26 PM
esd016
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1962 triple black (KC)

I'm looking for a good home for my 1962 convertible. I bought it almost two years ago, and have really enjoyed it (it's a great driver), but I'm looking for a SWC and need to sell the C1.

I don't know much at all about the history of the car. According to the previous owner, an owner prior to him installed the zz4 350 that's in it now and overhauled the suspension. I'm not sure if the four speed is original or not, but it shifts great.

Overall, she is a very nice driver! I was pleasantly surprised by how tight the steering and suspension are (I bought it w/o driving it first). She cruises on the interstate with no wiggle/vibration and no play at all in the steering ... straight as an arrow.

i believe the odometer currently shows over 25k, but I have no idea what the actual mileage is in the engine. I do know she has a ton of power ... I don't drive her hard, but she can bark the wheels in 2nd with no problem.

The paint on the car shines brilliantly, but she does have imperfections... stress cracks along the hood, and a minor chip here and there. The interior is in good shape as well.

This is a great car, and I'd keep her if I could. Since I can't, I want to find her a good home. I'm asking $55k obo. I want whoever buys her to be pleased, so I'll do everything I can to make sure I represent her as accurately as I can.

$55,000 obo
Old 03-09-2017, 03:04 PM
93RubyRedCoupe
Melting Slicks

Received 641 Likes on 364 Posts

Boy is that a good looking car. I could have a ball with that one...GLWS!
Old 03-10-2017, 03:49 PM
esd016
Heel & Toe

Thanks for the compliment!

i forgot to mention that the front wheels have been converted to disc ... nice stopping power (not that I use them much!).
Old 03-24-2017, 07:56 PM
Djobala
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by esd016
Thanks for the compliment!

i forgot to mention that the front wheels have been converted to disc ... nice stopping power (not that I use them much!).
Looks great what state do you live in? Do you have frame underbody pics and or YouTube video of car starting running and all around car video? Phone number or email pic of top etc sorry just got done looking at a 62 and was disappointed when saw in person versus the way it was represented via phone and enhanced pics. Is vin still on steerling column?Thanks
Old 03-25-2017, 06:52 AM
Djobala
2nd Gear

Any frame underside pics? Rust on frame , body panel repairs, previous accidents, doors sag does she start right up, smoke? Do you have number to talk or email?
Thanks pictures do look good!
Old 03-27-2017, 09:44 AM
esd016
Heel & Toe

Sorry for the late response. My 10yr old daughter had a softball tournament this weekend, so I was tied up all day Saturday and yesterday.

The car is with me here in Overland Park, KS. You can call me at 913 972 4759 and I can go through all of your questions in detail.

The weather here is rainy today, but I hope to back the car out of the garage tomorrow to take some additional pics and vids to share.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:34 AM
ranger9812
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 26 Posts

They don't come any prettier than that. GLWS
Old 04-01-2017, 10:58 AM
esd016
Heel & Toe

All,

I found the older pics on my 1962 Vette on the WeBeAutos consignment website. Here is the link:

http://www.webeautos.com/detail-1962...-15828101.html

There are a number of under carriage pics that show the frame work I mentioned previously.

If there are any questions/concerns, I'll be happy to discuss and address them as best as I can. I know that any time frame work is involved, there are concerns. If anyone is interested in my car, I want them to buy with confidence, so I'll do whatever is necessary to inform/educate prospective buyers.

Thanks!
Steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by ranger9812
They don't come any prettier than that. GLWS
Thanks Ranger9812! All of the chrome really pops against that deep black finish ... it's what drew me to the car.

All,

One of the forum members found some old pics of the car online, from the owner that I bought the car from. The previous owner did a great job with pics and vids of the car.

I mention this, because the are some pics that show the underside of the car. At some point in the past, someone did some frame repairs ... it looks like the did some welding, and the older pics show the work.

Neither I, nor the previous owner, know what prompted the frame repair work. The weather here in KC has been really crappy the past 2 weeks, but as soon as I can get the car out, I'll try to post recent pics of the car, along w/pics of the underside.

Just wanting to fully disclose everything I know, as I want anyone interested in the car to be fully pleased should they decide to pursue it.

Thanks!

Last edited by esd016; 04-21-2017 at 12:48 PM. Reason: additonal info
Old 04-21-2017, 12:49 PM
esd016
Heel & Toe

bump

All,

I found the older pics on my 1962 Vette on the WeBeAutos consignment website. Here is the link:

http://www.webeautos.com/detail-1962...-15828101.html

There are a number of under carriage pics that show the frame work I mentioned previously.

If there are any questions/concerns, I'll be happy to discuss and address them as best as I can. I know that any time frame work is involved, there are concerns. If anyone is interested in my car, I want them to buy with confidence, so I'll do whatever is necessary to inform/educate prospective buyers.

Thanks!
Steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Ranger9812! All of the chrome really pops against that deep black finish ... it's what drew me to the car.

All,

One of the forum members found some old pics of the car online, from the owner that I bought the car from. The previous owner did a great job with pics and vids of the car.

I mention this, because the are some pics that show the underside of the car. At some point in the past, someone did some frame repairs ... it looks like the did some welding, and the older pics show the work.

Neither I, nor the previous owner, know what prompted the frame repair work. The weather here in KC has been really crappy the past 2 weeks, but as soon as I can get the car out, I'll try to post recent pics of the car, along w/pics of the underside.

Just wanting to fully disclose everything I know, as I want anyone interested in the car to be fully pleased should they decide to pursue it.

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2017, 06:40 PM
esd016
Heel & Toe

Asking price lowered $52k OBO

bump
Old 05-25-2017, 07:08 PM
OHSIXX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor 03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Someone will soon get a nice car at a great price.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:04 PM
favrefan2k4
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Indeed! If I had not just bought my 2017 Grand Sport I would be all over this. I am in Columbia, MO! I kept going back and forth between a nice classic or brand new GS. Wish I had seen this back in January/February!
Old 07-10-2017, 03:26 PM
esd016
Heel & Toe

Default Sold!

Thx for all of the positive feedback ... found her a new home!

Originally Posted by favrefan2k4
Indeed! If I had not just bought my 2017 Grand Sport I would be all over this. I am in Columbia, MO! I kept going back and forth between a nice classic or brand new GS. Wish I had seen this back in January/February!

Get notified of new replies

To 1962 triple black (KC)

Quick Reply: FS: 1962 triple black (KC)