Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

WTB: 63 SWC but auto trans

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 10:59 AM
mmaturo
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by MrTrim
mmaturo,
If you want some eyeballs on this I'm only about 45 min. away from Sacramento. I don't know the car personally but I believe it was restored awhile ago. The picture that shows the engine with the builders names must be older because Paul Lecari has been dead for maybe 8 to 10 years now. He used to own a restoration shop called Corvette World in Sacramento with his son, Tony. There are a couple of things in the add that don't make sense like the "Solid Lifter" 300hp engine, but if the owner was writing checks to have it restored, he may not be that knowledgeable about what was done.
Get in touch with the owner and if it gets serious I'll do what I can. I'm an NCRS member for 30+ years now, and like most, I know enough to be dangerous....lol.
Chris

Thank you sincerely for the offer to take a look at it. I will let you know if I want to go that far with this car. I emailed the owner last night via ebay to contact me of it does not sell and send me current photos of the car and of particular things since clearly 75% of the photos are old and some scanned in. If he responds and I like what I see I will reach out. I'm not trusting the listing at all with the range of pics most showing the car still under restoration and not today and low quality images. Just your comment which I really appreciate of the engine rebuild give me pause (so a 10 year ago rebuild at a minimum or 12 since he did say started in 2005 to 11). I feel that this car really likely should be an 80 to 85K maybe 100 if still really in great shape from now a restore a bit ago and otherwise seemingly little back up on the restore quality. What really bothers me is the trim plate pics that show what looks to me the rivets or welds popped out of the holes so looks very suspicious to me.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:53 PM
MrTrim
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 374 Likes on 171 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by mmaturo
Thank you sincerely for the offer to take a look at it. I will let you know if I want to go that far with this car. I emailed the owner last night via ebay to contact me of it does not sell and send me current photos of the car and of particular things since clearly 75% of the photos are old and some scanned in. If he responds and I like what I see I will reach out. I'm not trusting the listing at all with the range of pics most showing the car still under restoration and not today and low quality images. Just your comment which I really appreciate of the engine rebuild give me pause (so a 10 year ago rebuild at a minimum or 12 since he did say started in 2005 to 11). I feel that this car really likely should be an 80 to 85K maybe 100 if still really in great shape from now a restore a bit ago and otherwise seemingly little back up on the restore quality. What really bothers me is the trim plate pics that show what looks to me the rivets or welds popped out of the holes so looks very suspicious to me.
Just another note of interest, I don't know if the car was originally sold in Sacramento, but I have also seen a 64' coupe in the same color combo at a Corvette show in Sacramento last year. With this combo being pretty unusual, one wonders if they sold at the same dealership. As far as the Trim tags I'm not that good of an expert as to verify originality for certain. There are people out there that can, I guess it just depends on your level of interest, and wanting to move forward.
Chris
Old 07-03-2018, 11:38 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 56 Posts

bump...still looking. blue/red, black/red, etc powerglide.

Quick Reply: WTB: 63 SWC but auto trans