Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 60 Corvette - Tasco Turquoise

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 03:23 PM
stafftech
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 60 Corvette - Tasco Turquoise

Purchase from Pro team several years ago, beautiful driver in great condition. Unfortunately divorce forces sale, although I am not desperate.
The primary things I have down to the car since I have owned it is had it completely re wire with correct wiring harness, rebuilt dash gauges, had the thermo couple and temp gage calibrated to reflect the correct temp. Car is a solid driver that was frame off restored in 2012 or 13. I have only put about 5000 miles since I have owned it. I also purchased and installed radial tires and I still have the bias ply tires that came with it. Obviously it drives much nicer with the radials.

I had Pancho (provette67 - that several people on this forum know) perform an inspection prior to my purchase and his comments were as follows:

VIN TAG 00867S10887 estimated build date 6/23/60 date. The tag is located correctly on the steering column as it has a later in the production run build. Earlier in the 1960 production the vin tag was located inside the door jam. The tag is correctly attached with tack welds instead of the earlier screws.

Exterior

Body appears to be nice. There is evidence of minor repairs at each wheel well opening that can be seen only from the underside.Fairly common on these cars.Especially when wider tires were used at sometime.Work looks like it was done well and not noticeable from the outside.The gaps line up fairly well.Bumpers chrome very nice condition.They also are alinged nicely.No real evidence of heavy previous repairs.All stainless looks good.With the exception a few small dents on the front strip on the hard top.Also a fairly common on these cars.The hardtop is in very nice shape other wise.The white soft top is new and looks great.The paint is the original shade of Tasco Turquoise.The paint is fairly new base clear. The paint has very nice brilliance and looks great with the contrasting white coves.There are a few small imperfections. There is a very small thin crack about on the top of the drivers side front fender near the hood opening and evidence of an earlier mirror that was mounted a little farther back than the present mirror.There are a few other very small imperfections but they are only noticeable at the closest inspection.Easy fixes by an experienced painter.But most of the paint is very nice and along with the chrome most will never notice the slight blemishes!

Engine Compartment

NOM later model 350ci. The motor is dressed with an aftermarket intake and pair of dual four carbs as well as period correct high horsepower valve covers.Original type exhaust manifolds and radiator give the engine a more original appearance.The charging system has been upgraded to a newer alternator type rather than the less reliable generator that was original to these models.A new style power brake master cylinder has been added.The engine compartment is very clean and shows well.There is no documentation stating wether or not it has been rebuilt or not.All of the gauges showed that in the 30min drive that the motor had very good oil pressure.The charging system was working correctly and the car ran at the expected operating temperature.

Frame

The frame/chassis is very clean.No signs of rust or previous repair.The body was removed and the chassis painted.The car sits like it should.No noise from what appears to be original rear end which has a rare P case 4.11 posi.The transmission is a mid sixties Muncie that performed flawlessly.There was a little bit of a fluid leak from the tranny. Very common for a car that is not driven regularly.The brakes stop as expected without any issues in fact better than my 2012 Z06.Tires are older bias ply mounted on steel wheels with very nice factory caps.

Interior

Interior is excellent with new dash pad,carpet and seat covers.All installed proffessionally.The door panels have been enhanced with a white vinyl to mirror the exterior cove look.There is also the same white on the center water fall area.Very well done and tasteful addition.The steering wheel is the original type and looks very nice. The gauges are original and look to be in very good condition. They all seem to work correctly with the exception of the tachometer,a low horse power type, which since the charging system has been changed from generator type would need a change to tach drive type from a newer model car in order to have a working tach.The radio has been upgraded to an aftermarket type.The new radio teamed with a newer speaker setup nicely placed into the door panel and a slick power antenna worked very well.Something that is usually a very weak point on these cars.

Needs

The under dash wiring appears to be new but it is not a correct type replacement harness.I would be more concerned if I saw old brittle wires.Not a difficult or expensive fix.But I would prefer the type of wiring that looks original.Personal preference I would change the old bias ply tires to a new radial type. The car rides and steers very well but the newer technology tires really do make a difference.The new white soft top has been stored in the down position and will need to be stretched out. This happens to every one of these tops.Very easily remedied by just leaving the car out in the hot sun for a few hours and back in place it goes.

Overall

The car ran very well on my test drive.It started easily both before and after I drove it.The hurst shifter makes for a very close shift pattern but after a a minute or two no problems and a huge improvement over the sloppy original type.The car drove very straight,rode well for an early car like this. Would ride even better with an addition of radial tires.Very nice car in a great color combo.Nice paint.Pretty nice body for this vintage car..Clean rust free detailed frame that with a little soap and water would look new easily. Excellent professional interior looks great. This color combo looks great.It has so much eye appeal only the most discriminating will see the the slight flaws that it does have.This car looks even better outside in the sun light than in the ad pictures.

Pictures are available in my photos album called For Sale

Price Drop 64k OBO

Last edited by stafftech; 06-09-2017 at 06:29 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 01-24-2018, 01:11 PM
stafftech
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sold

Quick Reply: FS: 60 Corvette - Tasco Turquoise