Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 1964 Convertible "survivor" (NJ)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 09:15 PM
sicklyscott
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1964 Convertible "survivor" (NJ)

Hi Folks -

I'm listing this for my father. For sale is a 1964 Chevrolet Corvette convertible in silver blue over navy blue vinyl. The car was built with the 327/250hp motor and 3 speed manual transmission. Options include AM/FM radio, power steering and hard top. The odometer shows just under 79k miles and we believe this to be accurate. My father bought this car from an old friend that is a collector. My father purchased it in '99, the last time it saw inspection was 1982. We believe it sat in the collection for that time period.

Interior looks original with no tears or holes in the seats. Carpets look to be in great shape as well. All dials work, clock is disconnected to save the battery. The driver's side window needs adjusting as it can be hard to roll-up from time to time.

We believe the exterior was painted once before, it looks great from far away but could use some attention. The bonding seam can be seen around the entire car and I only found evidence of a repaired crack in the passenger side rear wheel well lip (approx. 1 inch). I can not find any other evidence of previous body damage on the car.

Mechanically the car is sound though I would suggest new tires and a brake adjustment as the car pulls to the left when coming to a stop.

I'd consider this a #3 car. It is by no means a show winner but looks very elegant and for the most part is unmolested. I've tried to focus more on the negatives up front however, this really is a good solid car. I'm asking $38,000 or best offer for the car. It's located in Metuchen, NJ 08840.

Please feel free to PM me or email me with any questions, scott.m.ring@gmail.com.

On to the pics! Full album is here:
/
And my best attempt at showing the undercarriage:

A few choice photos:

Old 06-26-2017, 10:25 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

The forum has just recently allowed people to list Cars For Sale owned by others. Please review:

Site users sometimes list Corvettes for a friend or relative who is unable to market and sell the car for themselves for some legitimate reason. Those listing cars or parts they do not personally own must make this clear in their sales thread, posting the circumstances and the role they will play in the sale as well as in addressing any post-sale issues. Potential buyers should be aware of who the actual owner of the car or parts is and who would be responsible for potential disputes. Those listing cars or parts they have no affiliation to, just for the interest of other Forum users, should specify "no affiliation" in the thread.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:47 AM
sicklyscott
Cruising

I did clearly state this was my father's car. I have full rights to answer questions, negotiate, and sell this car as I have both the car and the signed title. My father would prefer to have minimum involvement in the sale.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:53 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

What will your personal involvement be regarding potential disputes, including post sale?
Old 06-26-2017, 11:17 AM
sicklyscott
Cruising

I take full responsibility.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:26 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Originally Posted by sicklyscott
I take full responsibility.

Good luck with the sale, pretty car at a nice price.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:45 AM
sicklyscott
Cruising

Pending sale. Deposit received.

Get notified of new replies

To 1964 Convertible "survivor" (NJ)

Quick Reply: FS: 1964 Convertible "survivor" (NJ)