Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 1965 Coupe Red 327 4sp Side Pipes in CT

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 06:52 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Default 1965 Coupe Red 327 4sp Side Pipes in CT

Hello - I am putting my 65 up for sale and it's a nice clean driver car. This is NOT a number matching museum car but is a great small show and driver car. If still interested - read on

The Car
The car is a red 65 coupe. It has a 327 with side pipes and a white/red interior. Disc brake all around but no power steering/ac or anything like that. Car looks very good in my opinion. It is not the original color of the exterior or interior.

History of the Car
I purchased the car from my wife's boss who is a doctor. He had purchased the car and spent about 40k in restoration to the car probably about 8 - 10 yeas ago. He use to take it to local shows and such but said his life was different now and wanted to just free up his garage so i purchased it.

Since Purchasing
When I purchased the car the first thing I did was contact Bill Ross over at Star Spangled Sports Car shop in Bethel, CT as he is an expert on these cars. Bill went through the car and let me what was what. He let me know a few things that needed to be repaired and let me know the car was in good shape, a solid driver but as I had already known not a museum car. He said the frame was in very good shape and the birdcage was, from what he could see, in good shape. He felt the restoration that was done on it was good. he let me know the motor was NOT original though it was from that time period and looked time period correct for the car. Car is not original color either.

Repairs
From there I replaced the battery, installed new disc brakes (O-rings), rotors, pads, lines and master cylinder. We changed out the starter and the battery. Heater had a drip to it so we replaced that also.

Appraisal
Once that was done I brought in an appraiser to go through the car and more in depth. I will be more than happy to share that with prospective buyers.

The Bad
I'm a car guy so i know what it's like to have a write up say one thing and you get there and it's another. I'm not here to waste peoples time so I want to be clear about this car. it's a great driver and would be great for local shows and such. It's perfectly road worthy and will bring a ton of enjoyment. Some things to note:
Paint - paint is in really solid shape as you can see in the pics. There are some imperfections and I can send those photos. there are some nicks and such in the body paint. Black paint on side pipes also has some flaking to it.
Chrome - some of the chrome is in really good shape but there are some spots that aren't. Nothing rusting out or terrible but it's not perfect chrome.
Engine Bay - this could use a little attention. Someone who wants to spend a couple afternoons on this can make it look much better than it currently does. If I were keeping it the engine bay would be the next project.
Tires - they hold air and have good tread but do have dry rot.

What Else
The car comes with a bunch of books, a pretty cheesy car cover, the old disc brakes if you want them, and 3 out of 4 reproduction knock off wheels.

Price
I've owned the car for a few years but haven't really made any time to drive it. Cool car and all but just not enough time. My asking price is $42k and I appreciate feedback on this, positive and negative as I really don't know where the market is currently. I want to get a fair price for the car and get someone into a nice car. I have a ton of pics I can send along with the appraisal. Car is located in CT; feel free to come and check it out in person. You can message me here but it would be better to email me at drenovationsllc@gmail.com or even better to text/call at (203) 509-0154.

Thanks, Dan
Attached Images           
The following users liked this post:
MISTERZ06 (07-11-2017)
Old 07-02-2017, 07:20 AM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,283 Likes on 732 Posts

Interesting car, and may be in my wheelhouse.

Can I get more detailed pictures sent to emccomas57@gmail.com.

I also sent an email to your email address.

Thanks.

Last edited by emccomas; 07-02-2017 at 08:44 AM.
SpeedyD (07-02-2017)
Old 07-02-2017, 09:41 AM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jv04
Interesting car, and may be in my wheelhouse.

Can I get more detailed pictures sent to emccomas57@gmail.com.

I also sent an email to your email address.

Thanks.
Good Morning and Thank you. I have sent a reply.
Thanks, Dan
Old 07-02-2017, 11:38 AM
George Washnak
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

I think your Vette looks great and I think that your price is very fair. Not all of us want a numbers matching show car, a lot of us prefer driver quality cars that we can actually enjoy without worrying about stone chips, etc. If I hadn't just bought my 2017 GS, I'd be talking to the wife about buying your car. Good luck with the sale, I honestly don't think that you'll have any difficulty selling this beautiful coupe!
SpeedyD (07-04-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 10:00 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

x2 very nice driver and priced fair
SpeedyD (07-04-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 10:54 AM
roberts427
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 150 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedyD
Hello - I am putting my 65 up for sale and it's a nice clean driver car. This is NOT a number matching museum car but is a great small show and driver car. If still interested - read on

The Car
The car is a red 65 coupe. It has a 327 with side pipes and a white/red interior. Disc brake all around but no power steering/ac or anything like that. Car looks very good in my opinion. It is not the original color of the exterior or interior.

History of the Car
I purchased the car from my wife's boss who is a doctor. He had purchased the car and spent about 40k in restoration to the car probably about 8 - 10 yeas ago. He use to take it to local shows and such but said his life was different now and wanted to just free up his garage so i purchased it.

Since Purchasing
When I purchased the car the first thing I did was contact Bill Ross over at Star Spangled Sports Car shop in Bethel, CT as he is an expert on these cars. Bill went through the car and let me what was what. He let me know a few things that needed to be repaired and let me know the car was in good shape, a solid driver but as I had already known not a museum car. He said the frame was in very good shape and the birdcage was, from what he could see, in good shape. He felt the restoration that was done on it was good. he let me know the motor was NOT original though it was from that time period and looked time period correct for the car. Car is not original color either.

Repairs
From there I replaced the battery, installed new disc brakes (O-rings), rotors, pads, lines and master cylinder. We changed out the starter and the battery. Heater had a drip to it so we replaced that also.

Appraisal
Once that was done I brought in an appraiser to go through the car and more in depth. I will be more than happy to share that with prospective buyers.

The Bad
I'm a car guy so i know what it's like to have a write up say one thing and you get there and it's another. I'm not here to waste peoples time so I want to be clear about this car. it's a great driver and would be great for local shows and such. It's perfectly road worthy and will bring a ton of enjoyment. Some things to note:
Paint - paint is in really solid shape as you can see in the pics. There are some imperfections and I can send those photos. there are some nicks and such in the body paint. Black paint on side pipes also has some flaking to it.
Chrome - some of the chrome is in really good shape but there are some spots that aren't. Nothing rusting out or terrible but it's not perfect chrome.
Engine Bay - this could use a little attention. Someone who wants to spend a couple afternoons on this can make it look much better than it currently does. If I were keeping it the engine bay would be the next project.
Tires - they hold air and have good tread but do have dry rot.

What Else
The car comes with a bunch of books, a pretty cheesy car cover, the old disc brakes if you want them, and 3 out of 4 reproduction knock off wheels.

Price
I've owned the car for a few years but haven't really made any time to drive it. Cool car and all but just not enough time. My asking price is $42k and I appreciate feedback on this, positive and negative as I really don't know where the market is currently. I want to get a fair price for the car and get someone into a nice car. I have a ton of pics I can send along with the appraisal. Car is located in CT; feel free to come and check it out in person. You can message me here but it would be better to email me at drenovationsllc@gmail.com or even better to text/call at (203) 509-0154.

Thanks, Dan
Just a few ? are the tags all original factory ? any body work done in the past ? Thanks
Old 07-04-2017, 12:19 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by roberts427
Just a few ? are the tags all original factory ? any body work done in the past ? Thanks
As far as I have been told by the two expert I had look at the car the tags are all original. When Bill looked at it he said there was body work done during the restoration and that it was done well and still in good shape. He didn't see any history of accidents or collisions.
Thanks, Dan
Old 07-04-2017, 12:42 PM
Mikado463
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 450 Likes on 312 Posts

Great car, excellent disclosure, what's not to like !!

Dan, your car should make the next owner as proud as you are with it, GLWS !!
SpeedyD (07-04-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 05:08 AM
ZZZZZZ
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Bump for a fellow CT guy with a nice car and honest description. GLWS
SpeedyD (07-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 09:21 AM
randy ransome
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 425 Likes on 208 Posts
Winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified
2018 Corvette of Year
2017 C2 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of Year

I'm really surprised this car hasn't sold. It looks like a Nice driver at a Very Fair Price. The owner has given a good detailed description.

This is what I was looking for, for several years, before I bought my 67. GLWS

SpeedyD (07-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 09:57 AM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

I agree, a very nice car for the money.

Some have asked why I am not pursuing cars like this, so I want to take this one opportunity to explain why THIS car does not work for me.

Read "The Bad" section carefully.

Paint could use a little attention, chrome could use a little attention, engine bay could use a little attention (I am paraphrasing here).

For any normal car guy, this is in the noise level, and part of the fun stuff you get to do with a new toy.

I am not normal right now, but I will be again one day.

I really need a solid #2 car from a paint perspective.
I also do not want to get into re-chroming parts, etc., and I know myself well enough to know that once I improved one thing, the other things would be screaming for attention.

I love detailing engine bays, it is a really cool job.

But right now I am physically NOT up to it.

Right now I am physically not up to even washing a car, much less doing minor restoration work.

This situation is temporary, while the magic docs at Vanderbilt help figure things out.

But even after that happens, my other docs have told me that my car restoration days are over, and my body has confirmed that diagnosis.

I need a car that is nice enough the I don't want to start thinking about tearing into it to "cleanup this and that", but not so nice that I won't drive it.

In other words, a solid #2 car.

And I figure my best option for finding a car like this is an older (10-15) restomod (built using C4 components) that now has maybe as much as 20K miles on it, or a older C2 top flight car in the same condition.

They are out there, I have seen them, they are in my budget, and if I could handle a green car, I would already have a car.

Now, having said all of that, I want to assure the seller of this car that he does have a solid car, it is priced right (IMHO), and 95% of the buyers are not a picky as I am. But I am picky for medial reasons.
SpeedyD (07-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 10:53 AM
Mikado463
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 450 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by randy ransome

This is what I was looking for, for several years, before I bought my 67. GLWS
same here Randy ..........somebody buy this beauty !!!
SpeedyD (07-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 12:00 PM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mikado463
And they got a NICE car for the money.
SpeedyD (07-11-2017)
Old 07-11-2017, 10:33 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

I agree, a very nice car for the money.

Some have asked why I am not pursuing cars like this, so I want to take this one opportunity to explain why THIS car does not work for me.

Read "The Bad" section carefully.

Paint could use a little attention, chrome could use a little attention, engine bay could use a little attention (I am paraphrasing here).

For any normal car guy, this is in the noise level, and part of the fun stuff you get to do with a new toy.

I am not normal right now, but I will be again one day.

I really need a solid #2 car from a paint perspective.
I also do not want to get into re-chroming parts, etc., and I know myself well enough to know that once I improved one thing, the other things would be screaming for attention.

I love detailing engine bays, it is a really cool job.

But right now I am physically NOT up to it.

Right now I am physically not up to even washing a car, much less doing minor restoration work.

This situation is temporary, while the magic docs at Vanderbilt help figure things out.

But even after that happens, my other docs have told me that my car restoration days are over, and my body has confirmed that diagnosis.

I need a car that is nice enough the I don't want to start thinking about tearing into it to "cleanup this and that", but not so nice that I won't drive it.

In other words, a solid #2 car.

And I figure my best option for finding a car like this is an older (10-15) restomod (built using C4 components) that now has maybe as much as 20K miles on it, or a older C2 top flight car in the same condition.

They are out there, I have seen them, they are in my budget, and if I could handle a green car, I would already have a car.

Now, having said all of that, I want to assure the seller of this car that he does have a solid car, it is priced right (IMHO), and 95% of the buyers are not a picky as I am. But I am picky for medial reasons.
I wish you luck in regaining your full health!!! Also wish you luck in finding the right car that suits you for your temporary situation.
Lastly, you are correct, there are some imperfections and for some these are no big deal but I fully understand for others this is a big deal and that's why I let others know because I am a car guy and the details do matter : ) Have a great night and appreciate your insight.
Dan
Old 07-11-2017, 10:36 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mikado463
I have a couple interested parties but it may be sold to a fella. I'm getting him over the final bits of information tonight and that may be that.
Thanks, Dan
Old 07-12-2017, 05:23 AM
emccomas
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

I wish you luck in regaining your full health!!! Also wish you luck in finding the right car that suits you for your temporary situation.
Lastly, you are correct, there are some imperfections and for some these are no big deal but I fully understand for others this is a big deal and that's why I let others know because I am a car guy and the details do matter : ) Have a great night and appreciate your insight.
Dan
One other point Dan. Your description was spot on accurate, and very detailed. I wish others would use examples like this.

And please don't take anything I said as a negative on the car. 10 years ago, when I was reasonably healthy, NONE of those things would have bothered me, because I knew I could resolve them. I just can't do that now.

Great car, fairly priced, attractive combination, and honest description...it will sell, if it hasn't already done so.
SpeedyD (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 07:19 AM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

One other point Dan. Your description was spot on accurate, and very detailed. I wish others would use examples like this.

And please don't take anything I said as a negative on the car. 10 years ago, when I was reasonably healthy, NONE of those things would have bothered me, because I knew I could resolve them. I just can't do that now.

Great car, fairly priced, attractive combination, and honest description...it will sell, if it hasn't already done so.
Thanks, I hate nothing more than when going to look at a car someone tells you is perfect and it's not. I don't want to waste anyone's time and want people to be clear what they are getting.

Nothing you said was negative, just honest, I can appreciate that.

Again and most importantly, I hope you get all your health back and quickly

Car hasn't sold yet, several interested parties, but until there is a deposit I will not consider it sold.

Thanks, Dan
DAKA (07-27-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To 1965 Coupe Red 327 4sp Side Pipes in CT

Old 07-19-2017, 12:14 PM
Bally
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

Thanks, I hate nothing more than when going to look at a car someone tells you is perfect and it's not. I don't want to waste anyone's time and want people to be clear what they are getting.

Nothing you said was negative, just honest, I can appreciate that.

Again and most importantly, I hope you get all your health back and quickly

Car hasn't sold yet, several interested parties, but until there is a deposit I will not consider it sold.

Thanks, Dan
Hi,
Your photos are detailed, mostly close range. That's very good.
But could you please take (and post) a couple of photos where you stand back, and shoot the entire car. Side shots, driver and passenger sides, so we can see the overall stance.
Thanks!
Old 07-26-2017, 09:27 AM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bally
Hi,
Your photos are detailed, mostly close range. That's very good.
But could you please take (and post) a couple of photos where you stand back, and shoot the entire car. Side shots, driver and passenger sides, so we can see the overall stance.
Thanks!
Hey Guys, sorry I have been MIA - been wicked busy with work. Car is still for sale. I will try to get some more pics of it and post.

I did have a gentleman come out who was interested in purchasing the car for resale as he owns a corvette shop locally. His business card listed him as a "Master Corvette Judge". He spent an hour and a half plus looking the car over from head to toe. For the sake of keeping this a no surprise car he mentioned all of the items I have already disclosed plus said:
The regulators for the small windows on the doors need to be replaced.
The passenger side headlight closes slowly.
the front passenger fender and rear had body work but being the car was restored that didn't surprise me.
He said the gas tank showed signs of rust, metal tank that's over 50 years old, again, not much of a surprise.
Other than that and the items I already posted he did agree it was a solid driver and he was interested in the car but we couldn't come to terms on price. As the owner of a business I get he needs to purchase/resell and make money on it but as I have said from the beginning I am looking to sell a nice car at a fair price to someone who can truly enjoy it. I wanted to sell it here as there are true enthusiasts here but it appears this will likely end up on the auction site to get it moving.
Again, I apologize for my delay in game here, just been slammed at work and I don't keep the car at my home so for me to go take pics I have to set some time aside.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks, Dan
Old 07-29-2017, 05:56 PM
joeschulke
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 65 vette

is this car still available?

Quick Reply: FS: 1965 Coupe Red 327 4sp Side Pipes in CT