Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

C-1 looking to trade for C-2 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 12:01 AM
Wade Mahaffey
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default C-1 looking to trade for C-2 Coupe

I have a C-1 project that I did myself, but my dream car is a C-2 Coupe. I am considering a trade for the right car. The right car would be one that I could cut on a little (Half Tub Job) and maybe a few more things ... not interested in a nice car, could not cut a nice car up. But as you can see in these photos, I like to modify things just a little. This car is kinda nice, but not a NCRS type car. You can pull up my name on here and see what I've done to this car. Don't get me wrong, I love this car ... it starts right up, and drives very nice ... but my dream car is a 63-67 fast back Stingray... and would love to do a C-2 Coupe just like I did this car ... just wanted to see if there was someone with a C-2 that doesn't want to go through a restoration, and might want a done C-1 instead. If that someone is out there "MAYBE" we could reach a deal ... I'm in no rush ... like I said I love this car anyway!

The car is nice, but this photo by a Super Chevy photographer makes it look awesome. It has a sassy stance dropped 3 inches in the front, and 1.5 inches in the rear

Under the hood sits a 327-350 66 Chevy II small block with a MSD HEI distributor, Holley Carb, and a one wire alternator, everything is simplified eliminating most of the stock wiring in the engine bay. It has a new Dewitt Radiator with one of my custom electric fan and shroud combinations ... the car runs at 160 degrees

The side panels and floor panel quickly are removed for spare tire and additional side storage

I installed Rack & Pinion steering because of all the slop in the old steering box, third arm, and several joints. This is so smooth with no slop at all. So much nicer even though it's a manual rack and not power

The cars stance is so sweet! I lowered it 3 inches in the front and 1.5 in the rear. It has new stock springs, but I modified the lower control arms to drop the spindle 3 inches. In the back I made 1.5 inch lowering blocks

Last edited by Wade Mahaffey; 09-19-2017 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:19 AM
jrs 427
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Very nice 62. Someone is going to be paying a ton in the trade for your ideal candidate. Half a dozen years back I was trying to trade a 63 coupe for a solid axle. Never did get the job done. Appears I am stuck with a bunch of coupes but no regrets. When they deleted the cove trim it turned me off on the 62. The 327 was a welcome addition. Good luck in your search.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:53 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

If you are going to offer your car for trade, this thread needs to be in the Cars For Sale/Wanted section. I will move it there.

Please add a valuation/asking price as required by forum rules, thanks.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:15 AM
Wade Mahaffey
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
If you are going to offer your car for trade, this thread needs to be in the Cars For Sale/Wanted section. I will move it there.

Please add a valuation/asking price as required by forum rules, thanks.
Thanks for your assistance, I wasn't sure about putting it here due to not wanting to actually sell it. But I do understand that there are rules to follow. So if I need to have a sale price, I would say $45,000. I am more interested in a trade deal for a C-2 Coupe to be a pro touring build candidate for my next project. Thanks for the assistance Vettebuyer
Old 09-19-2017, 10:16 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Originally Posted by Wade Mahaffey
Thanks for your assistance, I wasn't sure about putting it here due to not wanting to actually sell it. But I do understand that there are rules to follow. So if I need to have a sale price, I would say $45,000. I am more interested in a trade deal for a C-2 Coupe to be a pro touring build candidate for my next project. Thanks for the assistance Vettebuyer

Best of luck!

Get notified of new replies

To C-1 looking to trade for C-2 Coupe

Quick Reply: C-1 looking to trade for C-2 Coupe