FS (For Sale) 1958 Corvette - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 1958 Corvette

Old 10-26-2017, 09:55 PM
Bomba_MC
CF Senior Member

Default 1958 Corvette

SOLD !!!!!!

I have decided to move on and am selling my 1958 Corvette. I will start by saying I am in no way a mechanic or pretend to understand most of the mechanical aspects of any car. So I will do my best to be as honest as I can on this car.

I acquired the car in 2013 and it is a base corvette with a 283 V8 and 3 speed manual transmission. Its a numbers matching car if there was such a thing back then. It is the original engine and transmission that came with the car back in the day when it was built. Since owning the car, I added front disc brakes but kept all the original parts that came off when the disc brakes were installed. The car was repainted in 2013 and I can say it gleam. I installed a new dash from AL knock in 2013 also. I installed a replica wonderbar radio but I still have the original wonderbar radio if someone want to put it bak to its original state. The front end was completely re-chromed as I thought it needed to be freshened up. It has both tops, hard and soft. Soft top is from Al Knoch but I would suspect someone could do a better job in installing it. The engine was rebuilt back in 1998 and since the rebuild there may have been 1500 miles put on it between myself and the previous owner. Previous owner advised that he only put 200 miles on it and drove it sparingly. I replaced most of the chrome trim when it was repainted but kept all the original trim as I have been told the original was SS. I even have the original tail light reflectors. All the dash lights were converted over top LED as I find them to be so much brighter and easier to read. The original carb I had rebuilt in 2016 and it looks like new since the rebuild.
What I can say also is that it could probably use a good tune up. This is a rust free car and runs great and would probably run so much better with a proper tune up.

I wil try to add more as I gather more information and or get asked questions that I may have overlooked in answering. For now I will post a few pictures and also keep that updated as I get more pics. If there is anything I failed to address please feel free to email me, or I can provide my number for texting if that makes it easier.

I am asking $102,000.00 in Canadian dollars.
Attached Images           

Last edited by Bomba_MC; 05-10-2018 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 11-28-2017, 10:19 AM
Vettebuyer6369

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Thanked 1,348 Times in 875 Posts

Pretty car! GLWTS!
The Following User Says Thank You to Vettebuyer6369 For This Useful Post:
Randy G. (11-29-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 06:27 PM
Easy Rhino
CF Senior Member

Beautiful.

Do want!

But need to keep my wife instead!

GLWS
Old 12-01-2017, 02:05 AM
Randy G.
CF Senior Member

As of tonight: $102,000 CAD = $79,560 USD.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:34 PM
64tux
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Randy G. View Post
As of tonight: $102,000 CAD = $79,560 USD.
If it was pesos I could afford it. NICE CAR!
Old 04-01-2018, 11:50 AM
Bomba_MC
CF Senior Member

Default !958 Corvette

Originally Posted by 64tux View Post
If it was pesos I could afford it. NICE CAR!
I have adjusted the selling price on my car to $97,500.00 IN CANADIAN DOLLARS.

Please contact if your interested ,,,thank you kindly. I will do my very best to address your questions.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:59 PM
hzz
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bomba_MC View Post

Please contact if your interested ,,,thank you kindly. I will do my very best to address your questions.

That's about $75,600 US dollars

GLWS
Old 05-06-2018, 06:42 PM
jerbar43

Hello.....Can you tell what's involved to bring the car to the USA ? Import rules, taxes, title transfer, etc....Thanks....Jerry
Old 05-06-2018, 11:43 PM
russellscott
CF Member

i love this car and the fact it's in Canada makes less of a hassle for us Canadians buying

i just had a friend sell a Chevy II to the USA and he said he just supplied title and bill of sale for the owner, sorry i can't help out more on what taxes ect. would be paid on your end

i know its a fair bit of work bringing them in to Canada from the US but totally doable

it's a beautiful car, if you like it i hope it works out for you
Old 05-10-2018, 10:29 PM
ryan22
CF Senior Member

error, disregard.

Last edited by ryan22; 05-10-2018 at 10:30 PM. Reason: error
Old 05-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Bomba_MC
CF Senior Member

Default Car is Sold - Now Time To sell all the extra parts both original and New

SOLD !!!!!!

Now that the car is sold, its time for me to sell are extra parts I had for this car and the original parts that were replaced.

I have decided to move on and am selling my 1958 Corvette. I will start by saying I am in no way a mechanic or pretend to understand most of the mechanical aspects of any car. So I will do my best to be as honest as I can on this car.

I acquired the car in 2013 and it is a base corvette with a 283 V8 and 3 speed manual transmission. Its a numbers matching car if there was such a thing back then. It is the original engine and transmission that came with the car back in the day when it was built. Since owning the car, I added front disc brakes but kept all the original parts that came off when the disc brakes were installed. The car was repainted in 2013 and I can say it gleam. I installed a new dash from AL knock in 2013 also. I installed a replica wonderbar radio but I still have the original wonderbar radio if someone want to put it bak to its original state. The front end was completely re-chromed as I thought it needed to be freshened up. It has both tops, hard and soft. Soft top is from Al Knoch but I would suspect someone could do a better job in installing it. The engine was rebuilt back in 1998 and since the rebuild there may have been 1500 miles put on it between myself and the previous owner. Previous owner advised that he only put 200 miles on it and drove it sparingly. I replaced most of the chrome trim when it was repainted but kept all the original trim as I have been told the original was SS. I even have the original tail light reflectors. All the dash lights were converted over top LED as I find them to be so much brighter and easier to read. The original carb I had rebuilt in 2016 and it looks like new since the rebuild.
What I can say also is that it could probably use a good tune up. This is a rust free car and runs great and would probably run so much better with a proper tune up.

I wil try to add more as I gather more information and or get asked questions that I may have overlooked in answering. For now I will post a few pictures and also keep that updated as I get more pics. If there is anything I failed to address please feel free to email me, or I can provide my number for texting if that makes it easier.

I am asking $102,000.00 in Canadian dollars.
Now that the car is sold, its time for me to sell are extra parts I had for this car and the original parts that were replaced.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 1958 Corvette

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.