Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: '65 Goldwood Yellow L75 4 sp convertible

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 03:47 PM
alanjohnson
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '65 Goldwood Yellow L75 4 sp convertible

Same owner since 1984. I'm selling to help finance my next home. Both tops, repro KO wheels, 300 HP, power brakes, stainless exhaust, black leather seats. Chassis in excellent condition, interior trim & paint are a little tired. Car is in NW Montana but I can go get it. $47.5k
Logan Pass, Glacier Park July 2017
En route to Montana June 2015
Old 01-05-2018, 09:20 PM
alanjohnson
4th Gear

More pics.

Old 01-06-2018, 02:09 AM
steve0415
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 189 Posts

Nice car, Nice price. Original motor/drive train?

GLWS

Steve
Old 01-06-2018, 08:43 AM
alanjohnson
4th Gear

Yes, it was a matching numbers L75 car when I bought it. I miscommunicated with a local engine shop and the block was decked in 1986. The engine numbers are gone but it's the original engine/heads/intake & trans. It's a Nov, 1964 built car. I have a spare block with virgin pad that has a late summer '64 casting date. The frame kickups started to show the typical Midwestern rust, so in 2000 I pulled the body off & shipped the frame to Michigan for restoration. I should say "rejuvenation" -- the Michigan folks did a very nice restoration but when I got it back I rebuilt the suspension using things like MOOG ball joints with threaded, not riveted fasteners -- stuff like that. The suspension is stock except for stiffer front and rear springs and sway bars & KYB shocks. The inside of the right front fender suggests that the front fiberglass was repaired by somebody before I bought the car.

What's good: everything works except the odometer -- even the radio. I've put maybe 5000 miles on the car since doing the frame work. It runs 3:08 gears and is a nice highway driver. The engine is strong. I'm running a different-type AFB carb but I have a restored 3721 to throw in. DeWitts repro radiator.

What it needs: the paint is a "10 footer". It could use a paint job and interior carpet. The transmission is starting to complain a bit on the 2nd-3rd upshift. The transmission has a slow oil leak. The wiring harness firewall connection has one pin that got hot ages ago and melted the connector's plastic a bit - the connection is now a little iffy.

No surprises with this car. I want the buyer to enjoy it as much as I have! I hate to sell it.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:22 PM
Brenda1
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 31 Posts

Any interior shots?
Old 01-08-2018, 08:45 AM
alanjohnson
4th Gear

Yes, I will need to take some, & VIN plate too ... will need a week or two.

Get notified of new replies

To '65 Goldwood Yellow L75 4 sp convertible

Quick Reply: FS: '65 Goldwood Yellow L75 4 sp convertible