Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

WTT: Trade a '65 Chevy II SS Pro Street, new build for project

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 07:48 AM
lodilobo
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Trade a '65 Chevy II SS Pro Street, new build for project

This is a complete, turn key Pro Street Chevy II. In reality, it is a low 9 second race car, that is streetable, but radical. The body is all steel except the hood, tube chassis which certified to 8.50 in 2014, but is now expired. The car needs absolutely nothing to take to the dragstrip, or cruise to a local show. The motor is a 565 BBC dyno'd at 952 at the flywheel, built Powerglide with 5000 stall convertor. All ignition / electrical is MSD and Painless. Rear is Ford 9" style Strange aluminum, nodular, braced housing, ladder bar with Strange disc brakes front and rear. Paint is 2 years old, all glass windows, battery and 10 gallon fuel cell. The car is listed elsewhere for sale at $35k, and there is much more invested. I would trade for a decent C1 or C2 project. It can be a rolling chassis, but must be close to equal value. I'm not a purist, so I really don't care about " numbers matching " . My intent is to build an early Corvette to my specifications. Also...the Chevy II has been to the dragstrip once, to get the feel for he car. The only pass was footbraking, ( it has a trans brake ) short shifting and letting off a little early. It went 9.48 @ 138, The engine does not run hot, no oil leaks, uses 112 or 114 octane racing fuel. I have the build sheet and dyno sheet for the motor. If you are interested in a trade trade, don't hesitate to respond.

Quick Reply: WTT: Trade a '65 Chevy II SS Pro Street, new build for project