Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 65 L78. AA code black. real deal lowered to $57k

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2018, 06:16 PM
BlackStunna
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 65 L78. AA code black. real deal lowered to $57k

I just lowered the price of my 1965 L78 roadster RACER FC rear code 456 gears. Real L78 motor but not original to car.

I'm currently selling for $57,000...The Car is in Driver condition. If you would like more pictures and details I have a ad up on Craigslist San Francisco, south bay.

Thank you for looking.

Last edited by BlackStunna; 09-16-2018 at 02:38 AM. Reason: adding more verbage
Old 09-15-2018, 07:09 PM
BlackStunna
Intermediate

Old 09-15-2018, 11:45 PM
Drifting

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts
Default Craigslist ad

Craigslist ad/Write up

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...693606944.html

The REAL DEAL! NCRS JUDGE TEAM LEADER WITH OVER 25 YEAERS EXPERIENCE AS NCRS Judge REVIEWED, EVALUATED and CONFIRMED of it's "396 big block "L78 authenticity. He also confirmed the very rare Options/non options, 456 gears, REAL L78 motor but NOT original to the car. A real garage find (I say this tongue in cheek) as my car has never been registered in any of the Corvette registries, Never been in any of the Corvette clubs, Never been to any car shows and driven very little since owned. Never been out of the garage much since 1986. The NCRS judge was very surprised and excited to see this 1965 rare build big block racer did exist and is unknown in the corvette circles. I was told by owner in 1987 that the car originally started out as a drag car.

Factory 1965 L78 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Roadster
Factory 456 gears/rear end
Factory Hard top only, soft top delete and no soft top hardware
Factory AA tuxedo black exterior on white interior
Factory M20 transmission
Factory Transistor ignition car but I do not have the part
Factory No radio job/No power steering, power brakes
Factory Heater but rest of car is option delete
Factory Heavy duty suspension

All key factors showing authenticity of big block racer including the rear axle stamp code. FC code, check out
pictures of code and charts showing what the impressively rare FC stamp stands for.

THIS IS NOT a clone or Tribute car. The Real Deal! As in any investment due-diligence is always a must but you will not be disappointed. A California car that has always been garage since owned

Integrity taken into disclosing my car and motor. NCRS judge evaluated and details of motor in his words;
"Short block 3855962. The stamping I read "EG", Very light-barely able to read correctly - I might be wrong on the "G"). The vin on the engine, read correctly, is 6 "Z" 1 4 8 ***(Z = Fremont CA plant). It is the same short block as the L78 in the Corvette."

REAL L78 motor however born several months after my car, 1966, looks to belong to a SS CHEVELLE. Still a valuable motor if you ever wanted to trade out to do a correct NCRS restore or keep and enjoy this rare power plant. This a very rare build and the RIGHT DESIRED color and GO FAST options/non options.

The car is in DRIVER condition. There are scratches on the exterior panel behind drivers seat where the hardtop rest. Stock mirror frame good but the glass fell out and will need new mirror glass replaced
Must be a serious buyer, no tire kickers. I will NOT accept any online offers or low ball offers. If you're serious you will make appointment to see. The car is located in San Jose. Clean title in hands.

Last edited by 856666; 09-15-2018 at 11:46 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 01:20 PM
BlackStunna
Intermediate

Thank you for posting the ad info...

Get notified of new replies

To 65 L78. AA code black. real deal lowered to $57k

Quick Reply: FS: 65 L78. AA code black. real deal lowered to $57k