Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 65 Coupe L76

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 11:41 AM
mallie
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 65 Coupe L76

Finally decided to sell the Vette. It's been a very hard decision to make, I love this car, but we're moving to Europe and it's turned out quite impractical to export it there...
A few facts about it: 65 Coupe in original Glen green and saddle interior, Frame off restoration, L76, ALL matching numbers, genuine K/O wheels casted and dated, teak steering wheel and power windows (quite rare actually), brand new paint job in 2016 (from Automotive Enterprise in San Carlos, CA), just tuned by Precision Motive in Hayward, CA. The car is registered with YOM plates (original yellow CA plates!). 75k miles on the odometer. All options and numbers on the facts sheet picture below.

Reminds me of a DB5 Aston Martin or an E-type in British racing green, just better looking and better sounding!

Asking $85,0000.

I hope it will find a good home!

Cheers,
-Matt

Last edited by mallie; 11-07-2018 at 12:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Skenn1977 (11-03-2021)
Old 11-07-2018, 01:04 PM
vwtdi
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

I’ve always admired your car, wish it was in my garage, glws.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:29 PM
Ericm1949
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts

Beautiful car....if I only had one more garage space.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:11 AM
VITIV Coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 92 Posts

Excellent presentation and one heck of a car. Should sale quick and no problem, good luck with the sale, simply stunning.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:52 AM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,901 Likes on 883 Posts

I don't know Bud.....that's a beautiful car!

You know there's going to be those days, while in Europe, you're going to say that you wish you had the Vette there.

Take it with you! That one would be hard to replace.

Pat
Old 11-09-2018, 09:28 AM
SupremeDeluxe
Safety Car

Received 849 Likes on 475 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

WOW! Some cars just have "the look". This is one of them. Best of luck with sale.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:53 PM
SonnyAK
Melting Slicks

Received 676 Likes on 412 Posts

Love the video! I think you should keep it and cruise Europe...and be sure to bring back a nice older 911 with you!!

Good luck with the sale! Great car!
Old 11-09-2018, 04:46 PM
OHSIXX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor 03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

yeah, that's awesome!
Old 11-09-2018, 08:34 PM
mallie
Pro

Thanks guys for all the kind words!
Still considering taking it with me to France, but still for sale for now ;-)
Old 11-11-2018, 12:29 AM
ChumpVette
Safety Car

Received 1,285 Likes on 868 Posts

What is making it impractical? That car would be shipped without hesitation if I was in that scenario.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:00 AM
mallie
Pro

Originally Posted by ChumpVette
What is making it impractical? That car would be shipped without hesitation if I was in that scenario.
Not that impractical in fact... around $3500 to ship to Marseille in France (with insurance!). No VAT to pay, no need to make mods to the car since it's older than 1970...
The move is already daunting that I felt dealing with shipping the car would add to it... still not out of the question to ship the car...
American classic cars are not worth more in Europe, I thought they would, but not really: fair market value for my 65 in France seems to be around 70k euros.

Cheers,
-Matt

Last edited by mallie; 11-11-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:50 AM
lolo_frenchie
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mallie
Not that impractical in fact... around $3500 to ship to Marseille in France (with insurance!). No VAT to pay, no need to make mods to the car since it's older than 1970...
The move is already daunting that I felt dealing with shipping the car would add to it... still not out of the question to ship the car...
American classic cars are not worth more in Europe, I thought they would, but not really: fair market value for my 65 in France seems to be around 70k euros.

Cheers,
-Matt
I !! If you come to Marseille, you will find a funny group fans of American Cars !! I bought my C3 71 454 on this Forum 2 years ago and now I have a C6 GS to take company to my C3. A lot of crazy guys to do some nice cruising (and eating and a little bit drinking). So I trust you to contact us if you come to Marseille...
Old 11-13-2018, 10:26 AM
SupremeDeluxe
Safety Car

Received 849 Likes on 475 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

I am not in the car business, but I used to work for a manufacturing company in Finland and a lot of people in northern Europe have extreme intensity for vintage American cars including Corvettes. When the rate between the Euro and $ was more favorable for them, we were exporting cars in increments of 4 (container/shipping economy, I was told) and I was doing the sighting/searching on the US side. Many Cadillacs, Buicks, and Oldsmobiles went to Europe in that period. I am sure this has slowed due to the exchange rate, but I know there are enthusiasts on the other side. Some of them are younger and more passionate than the collector population here. I really enjoyed interacting with the European car audience because they are disposed toward wrenching and driving versus waxing and showing.

I would consider taking it along. You won't find a better one there.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:57 AM
lolo_frenchie
Cruising

If it can decide you to come with your nice C2, look at one of our cruising in the south of France. As you can see, there is many C3, C4, C5, C6 & C7...
Some of my friends have C2 too...

So you can try to enjoy the sunny south of France with your own car !!

Old 11-13-2018, 12:40 PM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by SupremeDeluxe
I am not in the car business, but I used to work for a manufacturing company in Finland and a lot of people in northern Europe have extreme intensity for vintage American cars including Corvettes. When the rate between the Euro and $ was more favorable for them, we were exporting cars in increments of 4 (container/shipping economy, I was told) and I was doing the sighting/searching on the US side. Many Cadillacs, Buicks, and Oldsmobiles went to Europe in that period. I am sure this has slowed due to the exchange rate, but I know there are enthusiasts on the other side. Some of them are younger and more passionate than the collector population here. I really enjoyed interacting with the European car audience because they are disposed toward wrenching and driving versus waxing and showing.

I would consider taking it along. You won't find a better one there.
I remember a guy from Germany buying a Shelby Mustang off a friend of mine and then going on a shopping spree and loading it up with clothes and other items before it was shipped.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:14 PM
mallie
Pro

Riding the Mont Ventoux in the Stingray must be quite an experience!
Old 11-14-2018, 01:34 AM
lolo_frenchie
Cruising

Riding the Mont Ventoux in the Stingray must be quite an experience!
Yes very nice road ! Our little Pike's Peak !!

Get notified of new replies

To 65 Coupe L76

Old 11-14-2018, 07:11 AM
VITIV Coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 92 Posts

I keep coming back to this thread just to see this beautiful car, it has one of the best stance of any C-2, just perfect. I would put this in a container in a heartbeat, hands down.
ZR1Bob (01-30-2019)
Old 11-14-2018, 09:31 AM
SEEVT65
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Cheers,
-Matt
Hey Matt, beautiful car. Those are my favorite colors. I have to disagree about the value of older(C2) cars in Europe. I sold my 66 Mosport green to a gentleman in Holland. He paid far more than I could get here in the US for the car.(it was an automatic). He had to pay for a trip here to see the car, he had to pay for shipping to Holland. He did not try to talk me down. He loved the car. Turns out that he has a business. Despite all the expenses, he was able to sell the car for $. GOOD cars like yours can add around $10K to their value as compared to the US. If you are serious about selling, I can put you in contact with him. Personally I would take the car with me. They are much more valuable overseas,(GOOD cars) and you could drive it and sell it if you still must. JMO. I'd love the car, but seem to have outgrown the 'fever' having owned at least 15 C2's. I have many grandchildren. No room in a C2, and they are not safe IMO. We have moved on to a Tesla. Until you actually drive a Tesla, you have no idea how safe and advanced these cars are. and fast. super fast. The car in 'ludrics' mode, beats anything you can buy today for under 400K, anything, including any corvette ever built. Note in the Ca. fires, conventional cars would stall due to lack of oxygen(fire took it all). People died in their cars. Cooked. The Tesla has a purification system that scrubs cabin air. The car is electric does not need O2. We need to get away from carbon fuels. We are failing our planet. JMO. Good luck with you sale. It is one of the nicest C2's I have seen.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:16 PM
mallie
Pro

Originally Posted by VITIV Coupe
I keep coming back to this thread just to see this beautiful car, it has one of the best stance of any C-2, just perfect. I would put this in a container in a heartbeat, hands down.
"best stance of any C-2", I agree!! ;-) I think the coupe looks so much better than the convertible.
Cheers.
VITIV Coupe (11-18-2018)

Quick Reply: FS: 65 Coupe L76