Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 1966 Vert - Needs Restoration or RestoMod

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Reckless808
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1966 Vert - Needs Restoration or RestoMod

CAR WAS SOLD IN November. Thanks

#1 --- I work for Vengeance Racing (Premier Vendor on this site) PLEASE DO NOT CALL HERE FOR INFORMATION

#2 --- This car belongs to my almost sister-in-law (LaCretia). It was her husband's car since December 1968 and he recently passed away. She is now the legal owner. It will be sold with a Bill of Sale (no title). She is also a lawyer in case there are any issues.

The circumstances regarding why the owner is not listing the car: The owner is not a CF member and has no plans to join. She is related to me. I posted here to give CF members the first shot at purchasing this car without excess fees.

The role the thread starter will play in the sale: I am basically the messenger so Lacretia does not have to deal with this in the wake of her husband passing. Next month marks 5o years he has owned this car. It was the car he picked her up with when they first met. Please understand I am trying to help her avoid additional grief.

And agreeing to participate in trying to resolve any post-sale issues: Exactly why I am here!

#3 --- The car will be located in my garage in Canton GA beginning this weekend (if anyone wants to arrange a visit)

#4 --- The car does not run, but I have put 4 new tires on it to make it roll nicely.

#5 --- The car appears to need just about everything replaced or restored. However it could be brought back as a driver using some of the existing parts as is

• 1966 Convertible
  • Includes hard top (also needs restoring)
  • Factory Air Conditioning car
  • Factory standard 327 with Muncie 4-speed (more info to come on transmission)
  • Currently has 1974 era small block (not running; condition unknown)
  • Needs complete restoration (or excellent restomod)
  • Frame has surface rust only
  • Bird cage is flawless from what I can picture through the glove box (had to peel back insulation, but paint is perfect with no rust)
  • Only rust through area is the thin plate behind the driver's wheel well (and inside the rocker)
  • Car originally purchased in Minnesota and moved to Houston Texas
  • Current owner purchased in December 1968 (in Houston Texas)
  • Car moved within two years to Atlanta GA and has been here since then
  • [Have original promissory note for the purchase in 1968/1969
  • Includes protecto-plate and original owners manual

All photos can be seen here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8t07jbpya...dxg1eOlXa?dl=0

Please contact me directly with questions or concerns at turbows6@hotmail.com (Please do not call my place of work)

If you wish to purchase the car I can put you in contact with the owner (LaCretia).

Price is best offer. I have been told between $18k and $25k. So I am setting asking price at $25,000

Last edited by Reckless808; 03-03-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:04 PM
dklumpp
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Has it been hit in the rear? Also, with all that paperwork, why is there not a title?
Old 11-15-2018, 09:48 AM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Received 347 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by dklumpp
Has it been hit in the rear? Also, with all that paperwork, why is there not a title?
Not unusual for an old car that hasn't been on the road for years. Many states didn't require titles back then.
I wonder if the owners protection plan is still in effect?

Last edited by biggd; 11-15-2018 at 09:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Reckless808 (11-15-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 10:02 AM
Reckless808
Instructor

She has not been able to locate the title. Let's just say her husband, although he was a lawyer, was not big on being organized. He had Parkinson's for last 9 years and he refused to help sell the car in any way, so getting information from him was near impossible. We dug up what paperwork we have and the earliest registration I found for Georgia was either 1969 or 1970 in his name. As stated above, cars older than 1985 do not require a title in Georgia.

Titles are not required in Georgia for vehicles 1985 or older, but you will need to provide the Bill of Sale when you register the car in your name, so be sure to take it with you to your local County Tag Office's. If the car is newer than 1985, a titled is required.If the registration is missing, you'll need to go to your local County Tag Office's after contacting law enforcement to inspect the vehicle and the VIN. With this documentation and your Bill of Sale, you'll be able to register the car in your name.
Of course you would need to check the laws for your state. If a title is required then it may take extra work to acquire a title.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:57 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Please address site rules for selling for another person, particularly the bullet points, thanks.

Site users sometimes list Corvettes for a friend or relative who is unable to market and sell the car for themselves for some legitimate reason.

We tried a revision to the rules to allow those listings to take place without the need to get prior approval from an administrator so long as the threads disclosed the circumstances of the nominee sale and stated the role they would play in resolving any post-sale disputes.

It hasn’t worked as it has created a proliferation of people offering Corvettes for sale for a friend or relative who declare they will take no responsibility in resolving post-sale disputes. That’s potentially harmful to site users, so we are reverting to some of the previous language.

Going forward, those listing cars or parts they do not personally own must make this clear in their sales thread, posting:
  • The circumstances regarding why the owner is not listing the car
  • The role the thread starter will play in the sale
  • And agreeing to participate in trying to resolve any post-sale issues.
Threads failing to address those points will be removed by moderators.

Potential buyers should be aware of who the actual owner of the car or parts is and who would be responsible for potential disputes before proceeding with a purchase.
LINK:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eir-parts.html

Old 11-15-2018, 12:17 PM
Reckless808
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
Please address site rules for selling for another person, particularly the bullet points, thanks.

I have added the requested information. I posted here to allow CF members the first shot at the car. Feel free to remove the thread if you deem necessary. Car will get listed elsewhere.

My name is Todd Brandon and I work for Vengeance Racing (Sponsor on this site)
Feel free to text me at 808-218-3781 (I do not take calls because I have 90% hearing loss)

Thanks

Last edited by Reckless808; 11-15-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:52 AM
Thunder80
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 100 Posts

When I lived in New York I had a '67 coupe with no title. Just wasn't any, just the half of registration to sign. Here in Iowa - title. Titles are nice. But if you have correct paper work, one should not have a problem getting a title.
Reckless808 (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 09:37 AM
Daren67
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder80
When I lived in New York I had a '67 coupe with no title. Just wasn't any, just the half of registration to sign. Here in Iowa - title. Titles are nice. But if you have correct paper work, one should not have a problem getting a title.
Reckless808 (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 11:00 AM
Reckless808
Instructor

Offer on the table at $23k. Might be gone this weekend. Thanks everyone.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:10 PM
Jaguarmaven
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks like a great deal for someone. I wish one in NJ would come along like yours.

Best of luck.

Dan

1950 Ford F2 truck
71 E Type
2006 Mustang GT
Old 01-03-2019, 12:57 PM
MikeNKalibs6t7Coupe
Racer

Default rag top

PM me if car is still for sale Id like to set up an appt to come and look it over thank you Mike
Old 01-06-2019, 04:21 PM
Reeseb
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Clean off the front and back windows. You'll get more inquiries.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:45 PM
T VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm thinking on it..................................
Old 03-03-2019, 11:53 AM
Reckless808
Instructor

Car was sold in November. Thanks CF!

Get notified of new replies

To 1966 Vert - Needs Restoration or RestoMod

Quick Reply: FS: 1966 Vert - Needs Restoration or RestoMod