Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

WTB: Looking for a '62 C1

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 07:07 PM
Stev-o
Drifting

Received 394 Likes on 270 Posts
Default Looking for a '62 C1

Hey guys....helping a good friend search for his dream car - a '62 C1. He is flexible as far as color, motor, options and condition, but no major projects.
Ideally, it will be a good running '62, white, red or black, with a NOM V8 with nice quality "Driver" paint.
Budget is $40-60K.
Any leads are appreciated.

PS. I'm still looking for a '60 model too.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:15 AM
deejaydu
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Stev-o
Hey guys....helping a good friend search for his dream car - a '62 C1. He is flexible as far as color, motor, options and condition, but no major projects.
Ideally, it will be a good running '62, white, red or black, with a NOM V8 with nice quality "Driver" paint.
Budget is $40-60K.
Any leads are appreciated.

PS. I'm still looking for a '60 model too.
Steve look at post 4077 on page 204 under Opinions of cars for sale in the general section. It is a very nice and unusual 62 listed on Baltimore Craigslist. It is exactly what your friend is looking for. I have not seen the car in person but I have spoken to the owner on several occasions. Your friend should buy that car. I have no stake in it at all other than I really like that car.

Best of luck

Jay
The following users liked this post:
Stev-o (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 06:45 PM
Stev-o
Drifting

Received 394 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by deejaydu
Steve look at post 4077 on page 204 under Opinions of cars for sale in the general section. It is a very nice and unusual 62 listed on Baltimore Craigslist. It is exactly what your friend is looking for. I have not seen the car in person but I have spoken to the owner on several occasions. Your friend should buy that car. I have no stake in it at all other than I really like that car.

Best of luck

Jay
Hi Jay....thx for the tip, I found it. Whole lotta red goin' on, personally dont care for red interiors but he may? Curious to why you have spoken to him on several occasions, were you interested in the car? Price is OBO, any idea of how low he will go?
Feel free to PM me if you'd rather that this offline.

PS. Spent a lot of time in Kemah, my brother had a 42' Beneteau that he kept at Lakewood Yacht Club.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:03 PM
Dan Hampton
Le Mans Master

Received 1,720 Likes on 805 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

On this Forum, there was a nice driver quality 327/300. Owned by the Dean of the Dental School at the University of Maryland for five plus decades. A lot of original pieces that were once removed but still with the car. Unlike most Corvettes, this car sat in his garage during the winter. When you are a Dean, you can afford to do that--the rest of us couldn't, back then. I believe it was red/red. This was a super quality unrestored driver. Search back about three months and you will see it.

I found the link.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-matching.html

Last edited by Dan Hampton; 03-15-2019 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:58 PM
deejaydu
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Dan Hampton
On this Forum, there was a nice driver quality 327/300. Owned by the Dean of the Dental School at the University of Maryland for five plus decades. A lot of original pieces that were once removed but still with the car. Unlike most Corvettes, this car sat in his garage during the winter. When you are a Dean, you can afford to do that--the rest of us couldn't, back then. I believe it was red/red. This was a super quality unrestored driver. Search back about three months and you will see it.

I found the link.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-matching.html
Yes that is the car that I referenced above. It is a really neat car. his friend should buy that car.

Jay
Old 03-15-2019, 11:59 PM
deejaydu
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Stev-o
Hi Jay....thx for the tip, I found it. Whole lotta red goin' on, personally dont care for red interiors but he may? Curious to why you have spoken to him on several occasions, were you interested in the car? Price is OBO, any idea of how low he will go?
Feel free to PM me if you'd rather that this offline.

PS. Spent a lot of time in Kemah, my brother had a 42' Beneteau that he kept at Lakewood Yacht Club.
Steve I live in Seabrook about 2 miles from Lakewood Yacht club. Low 50's is my guess for what he will sell the car for.

Jay
Old 03-27-2019, 12:11 AM
deejaydu
Safety Car

Steve I am just following up to see if your friend bought the red/red 62 that is an awesome car.

Jay

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a '62 C1

Quick Reply: WTB: Looking for a '62 C1