Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

WTB: 1962 Corvette Driver or Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 12:07 PM
62 C1 Owner
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 1962 Corvette Driver or Project

Hello all,

I am looking for a 1962 (C1) Corvette. It can be a project or a driver.

I've recently sold a custom project (Factory Five GTM) that allows me to start looking into the Corvette as my next build project.

I am not looking for a finished numbers matching top flight show winner. I'm looking for a car with a clean body that has not been hit with a clear title.

I have looked throughout the internet (to the best of my ability), but the cars that I have found, that I felt should be affordable, were apparently someone's retirement plan.

I'm eager to begin my next project, but I've also learned the hard way to be patient. I'm sure that I'm preaching to the choir when I say that this search can (and has been) frustrating.

I would really appreciate any leads that you all may be willing to send my way.

Thank you,

And again, I appreciate your help.

This is the car that I built... It was a labor of love for me and my wife, and took me 9 years of trial and error. To say that I learned a lot about people along the way would be a huge understatement.

Factory Five GTM. Built by Michael Baskin. Body and Paint by Tony Kutas of Charlotte Speed Shop.

This is similar to what I would like to build. This car was built by Jeff Hayes in Bloomington, IN.

Last edited by 62 C1 Owner; 04-02-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:06 PM
62 C1 Owner
Advanced

Hi Schultzie,

I saw your car in the For Sale list. While it's certainly a nice car, it's more expensive than I want to spend for a body, top, and all exterior parts.

If I were to buy this car, it would would be disassembled, and everything beyond what I listed above would be discarded.

I have a hard time doing that to such a nice car.

I wish you well on your sell though. I'm sure that there is buyer in your near future.

Michael Baskin
Old 04-12-2019, 08:22 AM
62 C1 Owner
Advanced

Good morning Ralph,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I've been traveling and have not had consistent access to the internet.

I am sending a PM.

Thank you!

Michael Baskin

Last edited by 62 C1 Owner; 04-13-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:04 PM
62 C1 Owner
Advanced

Thank you Ralph for giving me a shot at buying this car. As I mentioned, the car is exactly as you described it, and looks to be in great shape. But with the price being a bit higher than I had hoped, and knowing that another forum member had jumped in, and is already preparing to send the wire transfer to you on Monday, I figured that I would step aside and let him buy the car.

I'll continue my search. Thank you again for letting me have the first shot at it, and decide whether or not I would like to buy it.

That means a lot!

Take care.

Mike Baskin

Last edited by 62 C1 Owner; 04-14-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:06 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Guys, a couple reminders: when responding to a Wanted thread with a car or part for sale, you must provide an asking price or it will be removed.

Also, please do not under any circumstances enter another member’s Wanted thread and post interest in a car offered there, even if you say “if he doesn’t want it.” This affects that member’s ability to make a potential deal. This is considered hijacking and will be sanctioned. Thanks,
Old 04-19-2019, 03:28 PM
62 C1 Owner
Advanced

Thank you for the responses everyone. I think I've found my 62 driver/project.

I'll post a few pictures once the deal is finalized.

I'm pretty excited about it!

Mike Baskin

Get notified of new replies

To 1962 Corvette Driver or Project

Quick Reply: WTB: 1962 Corvette Driver or Project