Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: Trophy Blue 1966 L-36 convertible 427/390hp

Old 04-15-2019, 11:13 AM
jbthomas
CF Member

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default Trophy Blue 1966 L-36 convertible 427/390hp

1966 Trophy Blue L-36 convertible 427/390hp. I completed the car in October 2018 after a full refurbishment. Located near Charleston, SC. It is an original trophy blue car/dark blue vinyl interior AO Smith October 1 1965 final assy ( now back to trophy blue paint in/out with black leather interior), everything has been replaced (mostly oem) on suspension, brakes, fuel system, exhaust. I did install adjustable rear struts and upgraded to dual reservoir master cylinder for peace of mind. It currently has "ultra-quiet" side pipes and sounds great but you can still have a conversation while driving. Drives and handles like new but better. It has the original engine 427/390hp, original rear end 3:55, and correct muncie 4 speed transmission (not date correct). Interior instrument cluster, radio, glove box, console, radio have been refurbished and dash wiring harness replaced as well as heater core. Added an Eric Freeman teak steering wheel. The convertible top has not been replaced recently (white) but is in acceptable condition (I could send some pictures- I just never have the top up and was planning to replace in the spring). I have 17" Torque thrust chrome mags installed with radials at this time but I also have a set of 15" rally wheels from a 67- just need new tires on them. Engine has been rebuilt to factory specs and has less than 1000 miles on it, same with transmission with new clutch etc, rear end was resealed with new half shafts, etc. I replaced the original headlight motors with the detroit speed kit for reliability but I still have the originals as well. I put this car together to be an excellent driver. Alternator, starter, distributor, carb, intake are not original but those could be found with correct date codes if that is important to you. I installed LED lighting throughout the interior, including the dash instrument cluster. I should also mention the stamp on the engine block was "decked" (milled) when the engine was rebuilt. You can make out the numbers and see that they match the VIN but it is not pristine (as far as judging). I had the odometer reset when it was rebuilt because it had quit working and the mileage shown was not correct (currently shows 500 miles). I know the cars history back to late 70s/early 80s but not past that. It is a beautiful 66 big block vert and the car shows I have had it at everyone has nothing but compliments. Only reason I am considering selling is to start another project (I like to tinker and have limited garage space). PM if interested or have questions. Price is $75,000

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.