C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Car show and cruises

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 06:15 PM
1_this
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car show and cruises

I was just reading a post from Curtis and he had been to several car shows and cruises that day. :rolleyes:

Being new, just what is involved in going to a car show? Also what do I need to know or do before going to one :confused: and how do I find them?

Thanks

Horace
Old 08-20-2001, 01:28 AM
Cruzmeisters
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Re: Car show and cruises (1_this)

In our Pgh. newspapers, there usually appear a couple of car shows/cruises, usually in the "Antique/Classic Cars For Sale Section.
"Round-Up" magazine, is published every 2 weeks, has an extensive "Events" section.
Hemming Motor News web site lists car events by state. http://www.carcruises.com is a site that I use - you click on your state, then the month your interested in observing. "Vito" has about 10 states that are listed.
WHEN YOU ATTEND an event in a cruise car, people toss "flyers" in your car for future events; you attend these, and get more & more flyers. In my case, I scan every flyer and send to a list of about 75 people...some I've NEVER met, but e-mail me to be included. A few local members of the Forum are on my list, and I've been fortunate to meet a couple of them. The above-mentioned "Vito" is on my list, and adds what I send him to his listings, as does "Big Jim", editor/owner of of our tri-state FREE magazine "Hot Rod News" (and he lists cruises for the month in that month's issue; in April he publishes a "master list" - we call it "The Bible" - of cruises/shows that organizers have notified him of).
One week-end early in the season netted me 19 flyers...now, get out there and make the best of the rest of the season!! :D
Cruz

Quick Reply: Car show and cruises