C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Thnaks again LARS

Old 08-20-2001, 11:21 AM
INMYBLOOD
Le Mans Master

Location: The problem is all inside your head she said to me.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Thanks again LARS

I know your here today wos I though I would thank you again for the port timing advice. It might have contributed to my best ET the other night. Or I might be learning to drive this thing after 16 years. It surly could not have been the BUBBA I did on it just before going to the track. My brother and another coworker were going to the track a few weeks ago and I wanted to go but had the end of the coil wire burn off. So I cut it back cut a piece of a miller lite can and wraped and kinked it on :lol: put in down in the coil and went racing. I know I could feel the chills run down my back just thinking of you all. What causes the end of the coil wire to burn off anyway???

[Modified by INMYBLOOD, 9:22 AM 8/20/2001]
Old 08-20-2001, 02:46 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,919 Likes on 1,929 Posts

Default Re: Thanks again LARS (INMYBLOOD)

Glad to hear the setup is working well for you. However, if you're runing faster at the track, it's most likely that your driving skill are improving, since vacuum advance has no effect on timing when you're running with the pedal to the metal. During normal driving, off-idle throttle response and cruise performance should be better with your new hookup, giving the car a nice "feel." Good job!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thnaks again LARS