C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Carter AFB Bogs Down and speedo cable lube procedure.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 07:56 PM
MYBLUEHEAVEN
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Carter AFB Bogs Down and speedo cable lube procedure.

I know this question may have dozens of possible answers, but hoping I can use some of the simper ones. My recently acquired 1965 327/300 appears to have the stock Carter carb. Can't seem to find a model number or I would include that. Overall, car runs great except if I'm too aggressive going to full throttle, the acceleration bogs down (sometimes a little engine cough or"chuff') then it seems to gather itself and accelerates. The accelerator pump gives a full stream throughout the throttle range. Could the secondaries either open too early or too late and are they adjustable?

Also the speedo cable jump slightly at lower speeds. To lube the cable does it have to be completely removed at both ends? Please advise on the proper steps to lube the speedo cable. Thanks again.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:00 PM
67L36Driver
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Speedo cable core lube: Pour about 1/4" of engine oil in bottom of 3# coffee can. Disconnect cable in back of speedometer and feed core into can. Feed core back into casing and reconnect to speedo. Your're all done.

Carb trouble: Heatriser passage blocked open? Heatriser been removed? (Location: Lakewood CO, maybe cold there yet?)
Old 04-24-2006, 09:07 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by MYBLUEHEAVEN
I know this question may have dozens of possible answers, but hoping I can use some of the simper ones. My recently acquired 1965 327/300 appears to have the stock Carter carb.
When do you think the carb was rebuilt last? Send it off to get redone or put another carb on.. Dave
Old 08-17-2018, 04:43 PM
Midwestgottyline
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It turned out to be just the mass airflow sensor. Changed the plugs and wires first (it needed new ones).
Old 08-17-2018, 06:13 PM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

There is another thread working on AFB bog you may want to track:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e-testing.html

Get notified of new replies

To Carter AFB Bogs Down and speedo cable lube procedure.

Quick Reply: Carter AFB Bogs Down and speedo cable lube procedure.