First long drive with SRII chassis under a C1 - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

First long drive with SRII chassis under a C1

Old 06-18-2015, 07:38 PM
solidaxel
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by John McGraw View Post
If I was building a C1 today, it would still be either a SRIII or Billy Dawson's frame. The 2 frames take a completely different path from each other, but the end product is still outstanding for both frames.

I still own 3 SRIII framed cars, but no C1 cars currently. I think that Billy Dawson and Mike Stockdale are two of the nicest and most helpful guys in the business, and they both will do exactly what they say they they will do.

I changed to C5 suspensions on the last few of SRIII cars that I have built, as I think that it is a better suspension. The C4 stuff is still a pretty good option.

Regards, John McGraw
Moving forward (a year later!) I pulled the trigger on a SR III for the first 62 and now I am looking for the additional parts I am going to need, ie, radiator, steering column, power brake booster ......... and other items I have not yet ID'id.

I am looking for some direction in this area from those of you that have completed this modification
Old 06-19-2015, 07:46 AM
mike coletta
CF Senior Member

This thread is 9 years old. You might have better luck by starting a new thread, with a different subject line like "help with restomod parts" or something.

Mike Coletta
Old 06-23-2015, 08:03 PM
solidaxel
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by mike coletta View Post
This thread is 9 years old. You might have better luck by starting a new thread, with a different subject line like "help with restomod parts" or something.

Mike Coletta
Thanks Mike, I will do that

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First long drive with SRII chassis under a C1

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: