C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1962 seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Zo62
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1962 seats

I am thinking about selling my original seats. They are complete-ish. Minus covers. The bottom springs are the replacement non-correct ones, but are new and the seats have both tracks, been sandblasted and painted and are in pretty darn good condition. THey also have the correct top foam but only a slab of generic foam for the bottom

What are they worth?

Thanks Ed

Last edited by Zo62; 04-18-2007 at 01:12 AM. Reason: more info
Old 04-18-2007, 10:34 AM
jimh_1962
Le Mans Master

Received 547 Likes on 440 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Zo62
I am thinking about selling my original seats. They are complete-ish. Minus covers. The bottom springs are the replacement non-correct ones, but are new and the seats have both tracks, been sandblasted and painted and are in pretty darn good condition. THey also have the correct top foam but only a slab of generic foam for the bottom

What are they worth?

Thanks Ed
Unrestored seats with tracks anywhere from 1000.00-1800.00 depending upon the condition. I am not sure about restored condition. I would think yours would bring a little more if you have most everything there especially the original tracks.

about three years ago I had a decent (at least the tracks were good) set of original tracks and seat frames sitting in the back of the house with a tarp surrounding the frames. Well, we decided to hire someone to pour a large concrete patio. I came home from work and notice the tarp was gone so I asked the guy what happened. He thought they were garbage and hauled them off to the dump. Man I was livid!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Zo62
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well they are not "restored" but definitely more done than not. I put them up a certain auction site if anyone is interested.

Not knowing a fair price I figure they will get what they get.

Thanks for the response though I was figuring 1200-1500.

Get notified of new replies

To 1962 seats

Quick Reply: 1962 seats