C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1959 Frost Blue restoration. (Pics added at it continues)

Old 05-11-2015, 08:29 PM
SunsetC6
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have been talking with Al Knoch Company and the correct carpet (tuxedo blue) for my 1960 is not available right now. Hopefully they will have it back in stock before I get my car done as I have already got the door panels, kick panels, seats etc. and I have checked and the ACC Tuxedo carpet does not match the lower carpet on my door panels. Much darker than the Knoch Tuxedo carpet. Greg[/QUOTE]

I had no idea a Tuxedo is not available either. Hope your not waiting 15 months like we did. Best of luck getting it sooner.

Last edited by SunsetC6; 05-11-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:30 PM
SunsetC6
Burning Brakes

I have been talking with Al Knoch Company and the correct carpet (tuxedo blue) for my 1960 is not available right now. Hopefully they will have it back in stock before I get my car done as I have already got the door panels, kick panels, seats etc. and I have checked and the ACC Tuxedo carpet does not match the lower carpet on my door panels. Much darker than the Knoch Tuxedo carpet. Greg[/QUOTE]

I had no idea Tuxedo is not available either. Hope your not waiting 15 months like we did. Best of luck getting it sooner.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:59 PM
mspry
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ordered my carpet too!
Old 11-06-2016, 12:28 AM
Root2812
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for this thread! I also have a blue 59, although mine is a white cover car. Can you tell me a little about the paint colors. My car was repainted by a local shop that the last owner had hired. I got the mix formula and code. I did research and it seems to be the correct code but the color seems off to me. Does the frost blue paint on the exterior perfectly match the upholstery and dash painted parts? Mine isn't an exact match and I'm staring to think they got the mix off.

Your car turned out perfect. Congrats.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:47 PM
SunsetC6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Root2812
Thanks for this thread! I also have a blue 59, although mine is a white cover car. Can you tell me a little about the paint colors. My car was repainted by a local shop that the last owner had hired. I got the mix formula and code. I did research and it seems to be the correct code but the color seems off to me. Does the frost blue paint on the exterior perfectly match the upholstery and dash painted parts? Mine isn't an exact match and I'm staring to think they got the mix off.

Your car turned out perfect. Congrats.
Sorry for the delay. Been away awhile doing remodel on the house. No the color is not exact but close. It should match the dash parts but the dash is a lower sheen finish.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:59 PM
Root2812
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SunsetC6
Sorry for the delay. Been away awhile doing remodel on the house. No the color is not exact but close. It should match the dash parts but the dash is a lower sheen finish.
No apology needed my friend. I am in the middle of a move myself and have no time for anything. Because of the move I had to send my car to a relatives house for storage until I find a place. Once I have it back I would appreciate if you would be willing to look at some pictures and tell me what looks wrong and what looks right.

Great thread by the way!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:52 PM
SunsetC6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Root2812
No apology needed my friend. I am in the middle of a move myself and have no time for anything. Because of the move I had to send my car to a relatives house for storage until I find a place. Once I have it back I would appreciate if you would be willing to look at some pictures and tell me what looks wrong and what looks right.

Great thread by the way!
Will do. Sorry for another delay but my uncle got sick in December around Christmas. In and out of hospital in Jan. and Feb. 6 went in for the last time and entered hospice on the 26th and passed away on March 8. He and my dad were twin brothers and he was like a second dad to me. Been a little rough lately trying to move everything to my name and go through his stuff. He had no kids of his own. Missing him everyday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1959 Frost Blue restoration. (Pics added at it continues)