C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

MSI in Roseville, CA

Old 03-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default MSI in Roseville, CA

Any good, bad, indifferent opinions regarding MSI as a repair shop for Corvettes in Roseville, CA ?????? Quality work at fair price??????
Old 03-15-2007, 01:32 PM
1955 copper
Safety Car

Received 207 Likes on 149 Posts
2015 C1 of Year

ken! i've been there buying chrome wheels for my 06 , they seem like nice guys , but I do my own work,
Old 03-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Mikey65
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What was the verdict on Corvette Express and the shop in rancho cordova? What were they charging for what work?
Old 03-15-2007, 06:09 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 829 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by Kensmith
Any good, bad, indifferent opinions regarding MSI as a repair shop for Corvettes in Roseville, CA ?????? Quality work at fair price??????
Regarding the work on your car?
just remind us...What work needs to be done on your car?
I missed that article
jack
Old 03-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 66jack
I missed that article
jack
It was remove and rebuild trailing arms with new bearings, new bushings, new e-brake pads and shims. Remove and replace rear suspension crossmember bushings. 4 wheel alignment.And possibly replace body bushings and shims if bad. Oh, also replace the incorrect single brake master cylinder with a correct one I purchased new from Bairs and flush all the fluid. The basic stuff? I also may add Steeroids power rack system in the near future. It's a small block 65 coupe.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:00 PM
jimh_1962
Le Mans Master

Received 545 Likes on 438 Posts
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

I missed that article
jack
I referred him to Steve, though, not sure if he ever called him or not... At least, he is the person I know who would do a good job. Plus he might have the parts in stock.

Thats cool. I heard good things about MSI.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:35 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mikeyandem1
What was the verdict on Corvette Express and the shop in rancho cordova? What were they charging for what work?
Shop in rancho is Corvette Care. They want $125.00 to install the master cylinder (single). $475 labor to r&r the trailing arms in combination with $550 to r&r the rear suspension crossmember bushings. Labor only, no parts. That is down from the original estimate and considering no major problems in completing the job.

I have not heard back from Corvette Express in Vacaville as yet.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:55 PM
66jack
Team Owner

Received 829 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by Kensmith
Shop in rancho is Corvette Care. They want $125.00 to install the master cylinder (single). $475 labor to r&r the trailing arms in combination with $550 to r&r the rear suspension crossmember bushings. Labor only, no parts. That is down from the original estimate and considering no major problems in completing the job.

I have not heard back from Corvette Express in Vacaville as yet.
Have you tried to do some of the work yourself? i know your labor is worth something but R&R the stuff yourself and then take it to them for alignment. then when you get in there let them do the brakes.you might be out of a tow to the shop but if you have AAA or know someone that is will save on that.

jack

jack
Old 03-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Have you tried to do some of the work yourself? i know your labor is worth something but R&R the stuff yourself and then take it to them for alignment. then when you get in there let them do the brakes.you might be out of a tow to the shop but if you have AAA or know someone that is will save on that.

jack

jack
I would but I have some medical issues that prevent me. Long story and in prior threads.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Well, I have an appointment thursday at MSI to do an inspection. Will see what they find and want to charge for repairs VS Corvette Care and Corvette Express. Hope they are in the ball park since they are located in my backyard and it would be nice to have someone I can go to locally as I am sure there will be future needs if I want a Steeroids power rack installed and possible body bushings. Right now just concerned with rebuilding trailing arms, rear suspension bushings, and correct manual brake master cylinder swap. I will update this thread after inspection for those interested!
Old 03-17-2007, 03:06 PM
stano
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just there yesterday. I needed to get out of town so I deceided to head up to Sacremento and see their shop. I called ahead that morning to see if they had the QA1 shocks in stock just in case they didn't, but Mark ( one of the owners ) made a call and said they would be there if I wanted them. 7 hours later I pulled into their shop (2:30 ) Said I would take the shocks. They got right on it.

I had them change all of the fluids ( trans, diff. ) including the motor oil to Amsoil and the clunking sound when going into reverse is gone. It seems to shift a bit smoother also. Checked the rear suspension bolts and rear axle nuts, all good. Also, I had them install the "mild to Wild" switch too. All this at a last moments notice. Job was done at 4:30. Thanks Terry! Great call on the shocks, what a difference!!

I spent the night and the next morning Mark got on the wheel alignment and corner balance. 3 1/2 hours later I'm back on the road home. Great job Mark!

I won't go into detail, but the QA1's are awesome for normal street driving and can be adjusted for track use or just a firmer road feel or whatever you might want.

I'll say this, the ride home was MUCH more enjoyable than the ride up to MSI.

Finally, the guys did a great job on my car and were very helpful and professional. Nice shop too. lots of "Corvette candy"

It was a nice trip and I finally got up there to see their shop and had some work done to boot......Thanks to Mark & Terry and the crew!

Last edited by stano; 03-17-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:33 PM
0SMOKNC6Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by stano
I was just there yesterday. I needed to get out of town so I deceided to head up to Sacremento and see their shop. I called ahead that morning to see if they had the QA1 shocks in stock just in case they didn't, but Mark ( one of the owners ) made a call and said they would be there if I wanted them. 7 hours later I pulled into their shop (2:30 ) Said I would take the shocks. They got right on it.

I had them change all of the fluids ( trans, diff. ) including the motor oil to Amsoil and the clunking sound when going into reverse is gone. It seems to shift a bit smoother also. Checked the rear suspension bolts and rear axle nuts, all good. Also, I had them install the "mild to Wild" switch too. All this at a last moments notice. Job was done at 4:30. Thanks Terry! Great call on the shocks, what a difference!!

I spent the night and the next morning Mark got on the wheel alignment and corner balance. 3 1/2 hours later I'm back on the road home. Great job Mark!

I won't go into detail, but the QA1's are awesome for normal street driving and can be adjusted for track use or just a firmer road feel or whatever you might want.

I'll say this, the ride home was MUCH more enjoyable than the ride up to MSI.

Finally, the guys did a great job on my car and were very helpful and professional. Nice shop too. lots of "Corvette candy"

It was a nice trip and I finally got up there to see their shop and had some work done to boot......Thanks to Mark & Terry and the crew!
Hey Stano,
It was a pleasure to meet you. Thanks for cruising up and having us service your new baby. As you can see, we eat, sleep and bleed Corvettes. I am glad you had a chance to drive my C6Z stage 3 package. 640hp, who needs it? If you have to ask, then you don't understand.
Thanks again,
Terry
Old 03-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Noggles
Team Owner

Location: Adventure, excitement ... a Jedi craves not these things.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Terry & Mark at MSI always took good care of me when I brought my Corvettes in. Thanks guys.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:38 PM
stano
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SMOKNC6Z06
Hey Stano,
It was a pleasure to meet you. Thanks for cruising up and having us service your new baby. As you can see, we eat, sleep and bleed Corvettes. I am glad you had a chance to drive my C6Z stage 3 package. 640hp, who needs it? If you have to ask, then you don't understand.
Thanks again,
Terry
Thanks for the "loaner" Terry sweet ride no doubt.....oh, and I won't ask...uhh, are you guys busy next week
Old 03-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

First report for visit to MSI. I was greeted by a young man who I believe works there part time and does detail work also. Did not get his name but very nice and outgoing person. A typical car guy. Then my 65 coupe went up on the lift for Terry to do the inspection. Didn't take him long to find out the car is actually in pretty good shape. He then pointed out a few things but I was happy to find out my trailing arms are fine, all bushings fine, nothing major at all and his opinion was it will last another 10 years or more. YEA! Did have some slop at the right rear axle shaft and rear end. Told him lets fix it. Not really bad but he said OK. Also loose bearing l-rear wheel or possibly needs bearings. Rear suspension crossmember bushings good. There were other things I want them to do like put a stock clutch in it instead of the heavy duty one in it, change the master brake cylinder that I have as the one on the car is from ??? Replace the fan clutch that isn't working. Terry seems to be into fast cars. We chatted about some bad a-s motors and I mentioned I would like to find a good machine shop for my spare 327/365 motor to build into a possibly hot small block. Terry seems to be quiet at first glance but I have a feeling he opens up pretty quick when you get him talking. Really nice guy. So I will wait for an appointment to bring the car back in for the work it needs and go from there. So far....A++++

Get notified of new replies

To MSI in Roseville, CA

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MSI in Roseville, CA