C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

needle on speedo

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 08:40 PM
bojangles
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 62 Likes on 29 Posts

Default needle on speedo

The needle on my speedometer is broken. Who repairs or replaces them?
Thanks

Last edited by bojangles; 12-17-2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: incomplete message
Old 12-17-2007, 09:27 PM
rich5962
Safety Car

Received 563 Likes on 337 Posts

If you're adventurous, you could buy a replacement from one of the suppliers(Zip, etc), for about 20 bucks and do it yourself. Accuracy may be a bit off due to the differnt weight of the repros, but not too bad. I recently replaced mine in my 59 and it's fine. I did a bench test before reinstalling and had to adjust for the weight by turning the cup housing slightly. Just used a drill and set the speedo at 30 and 60 respectively and ticked off tenths using a timer, you know, the mile a minute thing.

Or........ call one of these places(no affiliation). Either way you'll have to remove the steering wheel, all wires to the dash cluster, oil tube, etc, remove the cluster, then remove the speedo. May as well get a new lens & chrome bezel while you're at it too if you need them.

Zip Products(they repair/restore gauges also)
Mechanicsville,VA
800-962-9632
www.zip-corvette.com

Redline Gauge & Clock Repair
Humboldt, TN
731-571-0766
www.redlineg.com

D&M Restoration
Greenville,SC
800-722-0854
www.dandmrestoration.com

Based on where you are, you could likely afford to wait for someone else to do it, but expect a long turn around during winter as many folks have this kind of work done when their cars are not being used.

Hope it helps....
Rich
Old 12-18-2007, 01:29 PM
OCS1667
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is Jason Oliver still in business? I haven't heard anything about him in recent times. He did a outstanding job for me. Does anyone remember his co's name.

Get notified of new replies

To needle on speedo

Quick Reply: needle on speedo