C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C2 Patches....Sorry Tom!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 01:54 AM
SPLITRAY
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default C2 Patches....Sorry Tom!

In light of Toms other thread, I apologize for this question. But it is a ligitimate "C-2" question, not a year specific question!

I'm looking for C2 patches. Either the crossflags or the nose emblem. About 2 to 3 inches, and either sew-on or iron-on type. I just want to put one on my varsity jacket. Does anybody know where I could find something like that?

All I can find is a nice C-1 patch on Ebay, and places that will make me what I want with a minimum order of 250!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I wish you guys would stop this 'patch' crap....

Do you want cotton, Rayon or Nylon patches ?? Do you want a color or two-tone patch ?? These are not the same thing... PPPPPppppplllllleeeaaasssee be specific.

(Sorry Tom, couldn't help it!)

** This has come up before between GM licensing fees and the thin profit margin - folks need to make a bunch of patches and sell them high to make any money - hence the custom, bulk orders **

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 11-11-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Plasticman
Race Director

Received 525 Likes on 374 Posts

Well, (if GM survives) their licensing fee program is probably one of the few moneymakers they still have!

But of course most of the profits go to the lawyers!

Plasticman
Old 11-11-2008, 10:05 AM
jammovette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Plasticman
Well, (if GM survives) their licensing fee program is probably one of the few moneymakers they still have!

But of course most of the profits go to the lawyers!

Plasticman
If there is any profits after the lawyers, the retired union auto workers with large pensions/retirement plans will get it. We are watching the fall of the big three auto makers due to the overpriced labor due to unions over the past 50+ years. I wonder what pencentage of these retired auto workers from the big three now have a foreign car in their driveway. Sad day in America. If everone would start buying American cars where the profits stay in America would be the greatest help for the big three.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Godholio
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mgsouthard
In light of Toms other thread, I apologize for this question. But it is a ligitimate "C-2" question, not a year specific question!

I'm looking for C2 patches. Either the crossflags or the nose emblem. About 2 to 3 inches, and either sew-on or iron-on type. I just want to put one on my varsity jacket. Does anybody know where I could find something like that?

All I can find is a nice C-1 patch on Ebay, and places that will make me what I want with a minimum order of 250!
If you have a design in mind, I might be able to get it made for pretty cheap. There's a local tailor shop that makes us custom patches all the time...we had our unit patch modified to incorporate the Transformers logo when we went to help film a scene (you probably wont be able to see the patch in the film, sadly). I think we had 7 of them made, costing $8 each.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:34 PM
SPLITRAY
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by fdreano
Do you want cotton, Rayon or Nylon patches ?? Do you want a color or two-tone patch ?? These are not the same thing... PPPPPppppplllllleeeaaasssee be specific.

(Sorry Tom, couldn't help it!)

** This has come up before between GM licensing fees and the thin profit margin - folks need to make a bunch of patches and sell them high to make any money - hence the custom, bulk orders **
Really, I'm not to particular (cotton, nylon etc.)...I would just like to find some. I am looking for the C2 cross flags as they are on the side emblems or the fuel lid and, nose emblem as it is seen on the car...In full color! As far as that licensing thing, I see all kinds of new patches on Ebay that I'm sure nobody checked with GM prior to fabricating.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Donny Brass
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 74 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019
2017 C2 of the Year Finalist

Geez, am I going to get moderated for pointing out that there were 3 different sets of cross flags used during the MIDYEAR era.........
Old 11-11-2008, 04:38 PM
FASTZ
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Donny Brass
Geez, am I going to get moderated for pointing out that there were 3 different sets of cross flags used during the MIDYEAR era.........
call some one a fool and it will get moderated
Old 11-11-2008, 07:02 PM
SPLITRAY
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Donny Brass
It don't matter...appearently know one makes a C-2 patch of any kind! HMmm, I didn't think this would be that difficult.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:10 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,551 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

There was a guy at Carlisle last summer that had a nice array of sew on patches with C1 and C2 crossed flag logos. I bought a bunch of them and had my wife sew them on alot of my stuff...even my jammies
Old 11-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Ironcross
Race Director

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I was looking for my 63`s owners pack from GM. There is a sew on patch that came with it. I scanned it some time ago but havn`t located it amongst all the pictures I have. John Z has a similar packet, and he probably could e mail a copy for your reference
Old 11-12-2008, 01:19 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironcross
John Z has a similar packet, and he probably could e mail a copy for your reference
All I have left is my owner's card and pin from my new '65 - I used the patch at the time on a club jacket which is loooong gone.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Roger Waring
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Patch collection

I have a Willabee Ward Patch collection. It has all the patches you would ever want. At YAHOO juat type in Willabee ward Corvette Patch Collection, click on the link.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Godholio
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mgsouthard
It don't matter...appearently know one makes a C-2 patch of any kind! HMmm, I didn't think this would be that difficult.
Give me a picture and I might be able to.

Get notified of new replies

To C2 Patches....Sorry Tom!

Quick Reply: C2 Patches....Sorry Tom!