C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

61 Power Glide Dip Stick Length

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 09:00 PM
JDBob62
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 61 Power Glide Dip Stick Length

I have a 62 327 with a 61 or earlier Power Glide transmission (cast iron case and no drain pan). The transmission dip stick does not have any markings and I do not know if it is even correctect. The dip stick I have is 14 3/8" from under the cap (top) to the tip (bottom) of the dip stick. There are NO markings on the stick for FULL, ADD etc.

Can someone with a 61 Power Glide transmission (not a 62 aluminum case trans with a steel drain pan) pull their transmission dip stick and give me the following 3 dimensions:

1. Under the cap to the FULL mark.
2. Under the cap to the ADD mark.
3. Under the cap to the TIP of the dip stick.

Thanks for your help and please remember to say THANK YOU to a US Uniformed Veteran for their service.

June 6th, 2009 is the 65th anniversary of the D-Day landings in Normandy that lead to VE DAY just a little over 1 year later. If it were not for the efforts and sacrifices of all our veterans, we would not be able to enjoy what we have today.

Regards,

Bob
Old 05-11-2009, 09:26 PM
JDBob62
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there someone out there with a 61 Power Glide who can measure their transmission dip stick for me????????? PLEASE.

Thanks.

Bob
Old 05-12-2009, 12:29 PM
gr8corvette
Gr8Corvette
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 1961 Corvette with a powerglide transmission. She is a new addition to my family. Unfortunately, I do not have much time to baby her. If you call me tonight at 7:30 Eastern time, I will make whatever measurements you would like while you are on the phone. I am not too mechnically inclined, so I want to be sure I measure the right thing while you are on the phone. I can't even gaurantee that I have the right dipstick either, but we can discuss that over the phone.
Allan (a.k.a. Gr8Corvette) at 321-254-1316

Last edited by gr8corvette; 05-12-2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: CinC House orders to change contact time!
Old 05-13-2009, 08:18 AM
gr8corvette
Gr8Corvette
Support Corvetteforum!

Hello... anyone there.... never got a call.
Please try again tonight.
After tonight, I will be busy until Tuesday.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:08 PM
standjoh
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gr8corvette
Hello... anyone there.... never got a call.
Please try again tonight.
After tonight, I will be busy until Tuesday.
Did you ever get an answer to your question??? I am also in need of a dipstick and or the measurement of the correct one.

Thanks

John
Old 04-16-2018, 02:37 PM
wraplock
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I need the info also!

Thanks
Don
Old 04-16-2018, 02:56 PM
gr8corvette
Gr8Corvette
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by standjoh
Did you ever get an answer to your question??? I am also in need of a dipstick and or the measurement of the correct one.

Thanks

John
I never found out if my transmission dip stick is original or not. However, I will take measurements tonight and post them tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:51 AM
gr8corvette
Gr8Corvette
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by gr8corvette
I never found out if my transmission dip stick is original or not. However, I will take measurements tonight and post them tomorrow.
Here are pictures of my 1961 Corvette Powerglide transmission Dip Stick. I don't know if it is original or not. I think the PowerGlide is original, but I don't know for sure.
One caution, the dip stick is supposed to fit snuggly on the tube. However, mine is loose, so I use one of the electrical wires near the top of the tube to hold it in place. It is a stiff wire that when placed on top of the dip stick, is firmly pressing down on the dip stick.
Attached Images   

Get notified of new replies

To 61 Power Glide Dip Stick Length

Quick Reply: 61 Power Glide Dip Stick Length