C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Guess what year car I have

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Cruzmeisters
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by kellsdad
I'm not seeking advice on how to deal with these people. If they don't give enough information for me to offer a helpful response, I don't. I'm just wondering how they accumulated enough wealth to afford a classic Corvette when they lack such basic thinking and communication skills. I'm genuinely curious.
How they accumulated wealth without communication skills: INHERITED IT!
Old 06-27-2009, 12:07 AM
philip964
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to tell the year of both my cars.

I still can't find my tank sticker.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:22 AM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

What about some of the whiners here in this thread lacking social skills ? Most of the folks that post vague stuff are new to the forum and maybe new to computers. Without naming names I can think of quite a few members that started out as imbeciles and turned into productive members.

How about a little common courtesy to the noobs rather than always trying to act holier than thou because you know how to post better than they do.....

Not for nothing, but some of you are the reason that Corvette guys are thought to be ****** in the car hobby.

Lighten up and help folks out rather than roughing them up. Maybe more would stick around.

Last edited by Plastic Pig; 06-27-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Larry P
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Plastic Pig
What about the whiners here lacking social skills ? Most of the folks that post vague stuff are new to the forum and maybe new to computers. Without naming names I can think of quite a few members that started out as imbeciles and turned into productive members.

How about a little common courtesy to the noobs rather than always trying to act holier than thou because you know how to post better than they do.....

Not for nothing, but some of you are the reason that Corvette guys are thought to be ****** in the car hobby.

Lighten up and help folks out rather than roughing them up. Maybe more would stick around.
I disagree with all of this.
Respectfully,
Larry
Old 06-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry P
I disagree with all of this.
Respectfully,
Larry

I've been here for ten years and watched folks come and go. Invariably a new poster comes in and due to inexperience his posts are missing details, but he quickly learns and the quality of his/her posts go up. I've seen it already in 3 new posters in the last few weeks.

So, since you disagree with everything, that means you are against extending common courtesy too the noobs till they learn the ropes and you believe that it's not the noobs, but the veterans that don't disclose info in a question ?

Honestly now, it takes two posts to ascertain the pertinent info to answer a question. One for you to ask and one to answer. Invariably the answer includes an apology too. Does it put you out that much ? Are you that busy ? If so, I wonder why are you trying to answer questions on a forum anyway ?

The impatience and intolerance amazes me. Then to insult their intelligence and communication skills, because they don't post the way you want them to on the forum.

I respectfully disagree with your disagreement,

Plastic Pig.

Quick Reply: Guess what year car I have