C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Installing dual mast Cyl in 1960 need help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Black60
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Installing dual mast Cyl in 1960 need help.

Folks:
I'm *** deep in converting my car to dual master cylinder and discs. I'm using a Corvette Central kit but have no installation instructions for the SS brake lines, residual valve and metering block. I went to the Corvette Central site and my particular installation kit but my computer security will not allow me to open the installation instructions. I can enlarge and see a picture of the kit installed but the brass metering block is obscured by the engine mount horn. Which lines go into what ports on the metering block? Somebody please go out to their car who has this kit installed and call me. 860-690-9653 Collect is fine.

I'm sitting on the lift and stalled on this job. I'm going off line now and returning to the barn so call me.

Thank you,
Ralph
Old 06-27-2009, 04:58 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

handled!!! Good talking to you again Ralph....
Old 06-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Black60
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Herb:

Thank you for responding as quickly as you did. I have a clear picture now of what I have to do. I have the third member (almost) out and am installing the 3:08 Eaton posi I bought several years ago.
Of course mission creep lurks around every corner. I'm trying to avoid it but you know how that goes.

Congratulations on your Kennebunkport purchase. The Maine coast is beautiful. You'll be seeing George W. out and about. Remind me to tell you a wonderful Barbara story.

Thanks again and best regards to you and Sharon.

Ralph
Old 06-28-2009, 12:44 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

no problem Ralph.....I was glad to be able to help out.....sometime when we are up in Maine you will have to come out and visit, we can get some lobstah.

regards, Herb

Get notified of new replies

To Installing dual mast Cyl in 1960 need help.

Quick Reply: Installing dual mast Cyl in 1960 need help.