Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borg Warner T5 In A 59

Old 03-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Scott Marzahl
CF Senior Member

If you use a Ford tail housing then don't you need a Ford main shaft and internals if the shifter location changes, I assume the Ford tail housing is shorter if the shifter location changes. No where is this writeup have I noted any issue with shifter location being a problem. For C2s its pretty darn close to being spot on.
Did Paul do one of his youtube videos on this type of build or were you talking with him about this?

Last edited by Scott Marzahl; 03-06-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:54 PM
ryan22
CF Senior Member

Scott-

I found Paul's suggestion in this thread;

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-a-c-1-a.html

You're right about needing the Ford mainshaft with the tailshaft, Paul mentions this. I'm not sure if the tailhousings are different lengths but I know the Fords shifter location is about 2" forward of where it is on the GM T5.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Scott Marzahl
CF Senior Member

Cool, thanks. Yes they are pretty modular tansmissions. Im building one right now with a Camaro case and gear set but with a short Jeep mainshaft and tail housing to put in a '40 Ford.

Tom is running that gforce HD gear set, very nice stuff.

I have a spare bellhousing but they aren't cheap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Borg Warner T5 In A 59

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: