C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Track fun and TV film shooting of my car at Carlisle

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 05:27 PM
1coolC2
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Track fun and TV film shooting of my car at Carlisle

Even though the weather could have been better, we had a great time this year. We were parked with Rich Lagasse, Ron Champ and Rich Merce on the fun field and all of our cars were selected for Celebrity picks. Rich Lagasse selected my car, now it don't get no better than having the "God Father" of Corvettes pick your car

A couple of weeks prior to Carlisle, Alan Colvin (Editor of Corvette Fever) contacted me and said he would like to feature my car in an upcoming TV show! I said sure and they filmed the car on the track at Carlisle, so I had Alan riding shotgun along for some laps around the track at Carlisle.

They used an all original 67 435hp car to shoot some comparison shot footage along side of mine and a golf cart out front getting shots...yes, it was slow speed but it was allot of fun.

When we finished the track shoot, I asked if I could drive around the track...... and when they said sure ..... I roasted 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear down the front straight and just buried it in 2nd down the back stretch then let the giant BAER brakes do their thing to scrub off speed for the corner . When I got back to the start point the producer and film guys were all running around screaming "do it again so we can get it on film!!!" So we hit it again Here are some pics my wife took during the filming and interview.

R/Jeff

Getting lined up and ready to go!

Wheeee 15 whole mph!!!

I know I could blow the doors off this guy!!

Finally on the throttle, if only the pic was two seconds later...tons of smoke as we cooked three gears down the first stretch!!....How much did those NITTO 555's cost?

After cranking down the back stretch we are on the binders...sweet!!!

Yup, I made that too!

You guys got some hot chicks to pose with the car???

Old 09-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Tom Austin
Melting Slicks

Received 1,962 Likes on 664 Posts

Jeff,

I made it to Carlisle on Sunday and walked around your car twice!!!
I've seen it many times on the Forum and have been amazed - but to see it in person was spectacular!!! An outstanding job!!! Congratulations!!!

Both times I walked around your car all I saw was two empty lawn chairs - would have welcomed the opportunity to meet you in person. I did get an opportunity to meet Rich Lagasse and chat with him for 20 minutes about his incredible 63 - what a work of art!!! I've seen Rich's other two cars @ Carlisle in the past - but the '63 is in a new league.

I've owned my 66 roadster for 34 years, and I talked with Rich about an upgrade I'm working on for the winter - installing a WC T5 in my car. Rich stated he has a console shift plate left over from a previous project - and he's sending it to me!!! The best part of this hobby is meeting the great people involved - hope to meet you next year!!!

Tom
Old 09-01-2009, 06:12 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Jeff, Congrats on the coverage looks like about 5:00 on Sunday

The car looks great in person, still would like a set of the hood hinges

Tom M
Old 09-01-2009, 07:25 PM
silverslashstreak
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Jeff that is cool stuff, great pictures. Surely somebody got some video of the burn out down the front stretch and can post it up.

Make sure you let us know when you are going to show up on the tube or magazine articles.

Would have loved to been there again this year
Jeff
Old 09-01-2009, 07:42 PM
1coolC2
Drifting

Originally Posted by silverslashstreak
Jeff that is cool stuff, great pictures. Surely somebody got some video of the burn out down the front stretch and can post it up.

Make sure you let us know when you are going to show up on the tube or magazine articles.

Would have loved to been there again this year
Jeff
Jeff,
Would have been great to see you there again this year, we had a blast with you guys last year! Hope you have fun on your long haul cruise

R/Jeff
Old 09-01-2009, 07:53 PM
1coolC2
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tom McCabe
Jeff, Congrats on the coverage looks like about 5:00 on Sunday

The car looks great in person, still would like a set of the hood hinges

Tom M
Tom,
Enjoyed meeting up with you guys on the field. You know, I could make ya up a set of them hinges for ya but then everybody would want a set

Originally Posted by Tom Austin
Jeff,

I made it to Carlisle on Sunday and walked around your car twice!!!
I've seen it many times on the Forum and have been amazed - but to see it in person was spectacular!!! An outstanding job!!! Congratulations!!!

Both times I walked around your car all I saw was two empty lawn chairs - would have welcomed the opportunity to meet you in person.
Tom
Tom,
Sorry I missed you. We were walking around checking out all of the cool rides and BS-ing with everybody. We did spend allot of time on Fri-Sat around the car. Sunday morning we were getting the trailer hooked and packed up for the ride home. Hopefully we will meet up at the next show

R/Jeff
Old 09-01-2009, 07:53 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

that is just too cool Jeff, congrats!!! You will have to let us know when it will be on TV....I know many will want to watch.....

regards, Herb
Old 09-01-2009, 08:17 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Those pictures make me want to go out into the garage, start my car and play with it all evening :-)

Thanks for sharing & congrats!

Lance

PS AWESOME RIDE!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Ron Champe
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff....That is 1CoolC2. Donna and I enjoyed spending time with you guys over the weekend....hopefully next year we can meet at the same parking spots. Now lets see some footage!
Ron....
Old 09-02-2009, 08:14 PM
1coolC2
Drifting

Originally Posted by racelance
Those pictures make me want to go out into the garage, start my car and play with it all evening :-)

Thanks for sharing & congrats!

Lance

PS AWESOME RIDE!
Thanks Lance, it was good to see you again this year! Great show as always, but I wish we would have had this rainy weather last year when my car was inside!! Oh, and if I had a new ZR-1 like you..I would be out in the garage with it all of time too!! See ya next year

R/Jeff
Old 09-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Harps
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 51 Posts

Jeff,

Awesome pics and what a great opportunity to display your ride. Looking forward to seeing some video on it.

Congrats.

Rob
Old 09-02-2009, 09:16 PM
1-2-b-67L89
Melting Slicks

Received 67 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Harps
Jeff,

Awesome pics and what a great opportunity to display your ride. Looking forward to seeing some video on it.

Congrats.

Rob
me too! Would love to see the car in person and wish I would have known it was going to happen.
Very nice car Jeff
Chick
Old 09-02-2009, 10:13 PM
OldKarz
Safety Car

Location: On the bank of the Columbia River..... Washington State
Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Always nice to see pics of your car. She is a real beauty!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:55 AM
richscorvettes
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Jeff,

Now, let's be kind to your seniors and God-Father's Your car turned out super and it certainly deserved being chosen. I know of at least one other person who wanted to select it but I got there first.

Hope to see the video soon.

Take care,

Rich
Old 09-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Johnny 66
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Simply an awesome car and an awesome experience for you!!

By the way, what size are those tires? Mine are only 205's and rub the front on a hard right turn!
Old 09-03-2009, 10:38 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

You and your car deserve all the attention you get! Your ride looks awesome with the hardtop!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:39 PM
1coolC2
Drifting

Originally Posted by Johnny 66
Simply an awesome car and an awesome experience for you!!

By the way, what size are those tires? Mine are only 205's and rub the front on a hard right turn!

Johnny,
The fronts are 275/35/18 and the rears are 285/35/18. The SRIII chassis with C5 front suspension allow the use of the larger tire without interference. I did have to modify the driver side wheel skirt slightly to clear on a full lock turn.

Thanks to the rest of guys for the comments, the best part about building this car is now having fun with it

R/Jeff
Old 09-04-2009, 07:10 AM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Way to go Jeff. Looks like a lot of fun. Will be looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Get notified of new replies

To Track fun and TV film shooting of my car at Carlisle

Quick Reply: Track fun and TV film shooting of my car at Carlisle