C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Grand sport project a few pictures

Old 07-21-2012, 06:10 PM
silverslashstreak
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Brian,
I have never done the engine compartment body color but I think we are going to leave it in the body color. This car is a little like building a big model anyway.

I have mixed feelings about the frame color right now, leaning toward black but giving yellow or silver some thought. We are going with yellow headers and wheel centers and lettering, so it is going to be pretty historically accurate to a point.

Also going with 15 inch wheels. It's getting to the fun stage now!

Jeff
Old 07-22-2012, 02:21 PM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

Outstanding!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:01 PM
1coolC2
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aworks
Jeff.

Body looks good. Are you going the leave the eng. comp. blue or make it black?

Once they get paint on them the project starts to move fast. It's nice to put parts on and not have to take them back off.

Brian G.

Looking really good Jeff!! Color looks awesome, won't be long before your out blasting around the track. I just got back from the Motorstate Challange at Gingerman raceway in Michigan....what blast! I need to get back working on the 65 coupe

Keep up the great work!! Are you heading to Carlisle this year?? I will be on D row spaces 29-31? selling a bunch of C2 and C6 Z06 stuff, come on by for a cold drink!!

R/
Jeff
Old 07-22-2012, 09:42 PM
silverslashstreak
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Jeff, I'm happy to be back working on it. We have pretty much decided to go as historically correct that is feasible.
Sounds like you have gotten hooked on taking your car to track events. I can't think of anything that is more fun.
A couple months ago we sold our z06 and that very week a very nice Grand Sport coupe came up for sale. We picked it up and have been sorting it out ever sense. When you get time take a look at it on the last few pages of The General Grand Sport topic thread.
Jeff

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Grand sport project a few pictures