C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Is Mershon's a gooddealer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 11:21 AM
jdk971
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

my final take is this. i like to deal with people that i can go back and bitch at and they can bitch at me. true i paid more thru them but i know who
them are. the sale is on me when i say i want that 40 plus year old car.

anyway bob called me this morning from mershons and they had the 63's rear rebuilt. so i am a happy camper and can't bitch at them this time. maybe the next time. jim

ps my cousin has been dealing with them for years. he complains sometimes but things always get worked out between gentlemen.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:29 AM
jciten@hotmail.com
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mershons

I bought recently (sept '13) from Mershons a 57 Vette in Cascade blue. I visited the dealer in person. I was shopping for a c-1 series, and many looked great on the internet. Upon visiting them I found the quality of the cars not great, with the exception of the '57 that I purchased. I drove it, they put the car on a lift, I inspected it and found some issues, which they fixed. I did knit pick a lot of little things and they took care of some if them but not everything. They were good people to work with and seemed open. I liked them. But the point is to get to see any classic car you buy in person, and then if you're cheated you have a right to complain. I would buy another car from them.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:51 AM
funit1
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a 1966 from them 3 years ago. The car has been great. A few little problems you would expect from a car that old. Over all I thought they we up front and very good to deal with.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:53 AM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Originally Posted by jciten@hotmail.com
I bought recently (sept '13) from Mershons a 57 Vette in Cascade blue. I visited the dealer in person. I was shopping for a c-1 series, and many looked great on the internet. Upon visiting them I found the quality of the cars not great, with the exception of the '57 that I purchased. I drove it, they put the car on a lift, I inspected it and found some issues, which they fixed. I did knit pick a lot of little things and they took care of some if them but not everything. They were good people to work with and seemed open. I liked them. But the point is to get to see any classic car you buy in person, and then if you're cheated you have a right to complain. I would buy another car from them.
It's been over four years. He's probably bought or given up by now.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:54 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
It's been over four years. He's probably bought or given up by now.

Hoping the OP got his answer after posting in 2009.

Quick Reply: Is Mershon's a gooddealer?