C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

radio wires on a 62 vette

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 01:10 AM
62 RED VETTE
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio wires on a 62 vette

hey can anyone help me out on my 62 vette. I need to know what wires are what on the wonderbar radio and how they go in the back of the the wonderbar reason i ask is because i had the wonderbar redone and want ot get it installed and corerectly soon as possible. I need to know what wires are what & what color they are and how they go to the back of the radio, also isnt there a seperate ground wire grounding off the housing of the radio body for the ground? Pics would be great as well thanks guys for any future help....
Old 12-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

IIRC isn't it just a connector on the Wonderbar that connects into another one in the wiring harness ? (and of course you have to connect the thick antenna wire). The mounting strap for the radio case is usually the ground for the antenna. The original speakers are just a couple of separate wires.

I'm hoping your wiring hasn't been butchered so that you have to splice everything back together.
Here is a wiring diagram that may help some:
http://www.masacc.org/Documents/WiringDiagram58_62.pdf
Old 12-12-2009, 10:22 AM
62 RED VETTE
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks for the wiring diagram , nah it has not been butchered i just want to be sure when putting it back together that its the correct wires and all. I'm just wanting to make sure what was what before installing it back in ....
Old 12-12-2009, 02:15 PM
DZVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 736 Likes on 456 Posts

As per the diagram from Frank, the radio connector on the harness for my 60 has gray (light) and yellow (power) wires. Pic attached.

DZ
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Old 12-14-2009, 09:20 AM
chris ritchie
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

1. The harness for power to the radio and its light are in the photo previously shown.

2. There's another 2 wire harness coming out of the radio to the speaker.

3. There's the antenna cable that goes into the radio.

4. Finally, there's a dedicated ground wire. It's either solid black or black with a white stripe. The wiring diagram will tell you for sure. It's got 1/4" ring terminals on both ends. It goes from where the support strap attaches on the back side of the radio to the inboard rear valve cover bolt.

Get notified of new replies

To radio wires on a 62 vette

Quick Reply: radio wires on a 62 vette