C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Phoenix paint shop

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 07:28 PM
61LS6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix paint shop

Please help me find a reputable paint shop in Phoenix to paint my SWC

Thanks,
Bill
Old 12-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Dicecal
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

I've been looking at a few myself. Others on this forum have recommended:

http://www.classicperformancerestoration.com/

http://www.corvetterestorationaz.com/

The one shop that has had strong recommendations to me from people I know in Phoenix is Hamiltons Restorations in Phoenix. It's not in the best neighboorhood, but the work is supposed to be high quality.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:41 PM
eddie44
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03

Most of us on the Az Corvette Forum use Classic Gold. Joe is a Vette owner and does tremendous work. He has done both the front and rear of my wife's Benz. He's more particular than 99% of Vette owners. Tell him Eddie from ACE sent you. You won't be disappointed.

Joe
Classic Gold
305 S. Rockford
Tempe, AZ
480-967-2521
Old 12-20-2009, 02:54 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by eddie44
Most of us on the Az Corvette Forum use Classic Gold. Joe is a Vette owner and does tremendous work. He has done both the front and rear of my wife's Benz. He's more particular than 99% of Vette owners. Tell him Eddie from ACE sent you. You won't be disappointed.

Joe
Classic Gold
305 S. Rockford
Tempe, AZ
480-967-2521
Hmm,

When I called him about my '61, he said that isn't really what they do, as I wanted a bare fiberglas strip,and any issues taken care of,and a Autorama quality paint job, as in arrow straight, no usual fiberglas waviness. He said most of their stuff is collision,and that my car would sit there for months, getting worked on a bit here and a bit there.

Classic performance does excellent mechanical restoration, but they farm out the paint elsewhere. You can always call them on who they use.

There is Keith Ferland in AJ. He does nice work, as far as I can tell, he quoted me about $12K. On a car with all trim removed, delivered to him. He said 3 months to complete

I finally went with Custom Autoworks in Mesa, and paint cost about $6K plus about $2K worth of body work to fix some stuff that was not repaired correctly 35 years ago. That was with me R&R'ing all trim, bumpers, interior, etc. He took about 4 months to complete.

Doug
Old 02-01-2016, 11:36 AM
90sundevil
Melting Slicks

Received 745 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDoug
Hmm,

When I called him about my '61, he said that isn't really what they do, as I wanted a bare fiberglas strip,and any issues taken care of,and a Autorama quality paint job, as in arrow straight, no usual fiberglas waviness. He said most of their stuff is collision,and that my car would sit there for months, getting worked on a bit here and a bit there.

Classic performance does excellent mechanical restoration, but they farm out the paint elsewhere. You can always call them on who they use.

There is Keith Ferland in AJ. He does nice work, as far as I can tell, he quoted me about $12K. On a car with all trim removed, delivered to him. He said 3 months to complete

I finally went with Custom Autoworks in Mesa, and paint cost about $6K plus about $2K worth of body work to fix some stuff that was not repaired correctly 35 years ago. That was with me R&R'ing all trim, bumpers, interior, etc. He took about 4 months to complete.

Doug
So how did it come out and what was your final cost to paint the car.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:53 AM
desertpilgrim
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

I have a name and a #, but I got a no answer on a call this AM to check on his current load/schedule, so I'm not sure of his current status. If you want the info, shoot me a private message.

Get notified of new replies

To Phoenix paint shop

Quick Reply: Phoenix paint shop