C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Paint Shop S. Florida International Sports Cars Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 08:09 AM
c66vet
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Paint Shop S. Florida International Sports Cars Inc.

I want to have my car stripped and re painted. I am inquiring to find out if anyone from South Florida (Palm Beach, Broward, Dade) has had any experience with this paint shop. The owner Steve is very experienced with C2's and uses Gel Coat, which was one of my priorities. International Sports Cars Repair shop is located in Pembroke Park, Fl. At this shop I was told, when my car comes into the shop is the day they start working on my car.

I want to do some cost comparisons but do not know of other Corvette paint shops in S. Florida. Are there other paint shop recommendations from forum members who live in S. Florida. All input is appreciated.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:18 AM
67tripwr
Team Owner

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

What is his price? I am not familiar with his shop.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:18 AM
c66vet
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Strip down to glass (non checmical), repair/fix fender seams, door/hood/headlight gaps, firewall, gel coat re install all glass, doors, body drop, install all items on firewall. 10-5 K depending on amount of body work. I'm sure there is more, I know he has done cars for the Palm Beaches and StingRay Clubs.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:29 AM
gonefishn
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

You could ask him for references and speak with those club members too.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:16 PM
sonialatingrill
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't do it find someone else. because they always guess how many hours they worked on your car and at 160 dollars an hour for "two men" it gets expensive I've bin their i know. So try and get a price first before they start.

Last edited by sonialatingrill; 02-02-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:38 AM
65 vette dude
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by c66vet
Strip down to glass (non checmical), repair/fix fender seams, door/hood/headlight gaps, firewall, gel coat re install all glass, doors, body drop, install all items on firewall. 10-5 K depending on amount of body work. I'm sure there is more, I know he has done cars for the Palm Beaches and StingRay Clubs.
If it's a non-chemical strip, how will he strip it? Fabulous Restorations in Ft. Lauderdale specializes in Corvette's. I have seen several paint jobs come out of there, and they were excellent.....711 nw 1st, 954-462-9427.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:10 AM
c66vet
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

The car will be stripped of paint using the razor blade process and then sanded using an orbital sander. The bird cage, windshield frame is checked for rust and repaired where required.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:01 PM
jir591
Intermediate

I suggest you go to Ravenswood Body in Dania Beach. They are one of the best paint and body shops for collector cars. Take a tour of the shop and you will be very impressed.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:59 PM
**Jake**
4th Gear

This guy is a crook. He doesn't even have a spray booth. He has painted 3 or 4 of the stringrays cars and all of them have bubbles popping in the paint. He says bring them back, but then paints them in the same room they do their buffing and sanding in. He only has one employee on the books and doesn't even carry workers compensation insurance. He fishes for rich people and then rapes them brutally. Pressures them into doing things they never wanted to do to their cars. His car is a prime example, a original 67 small block autonatic that he has bolted every option on including a restamped 427. He will hurt the value of any car he works on. He doesn't even know what NCRS stands for. He should be put out of business. But then again this is just my oppinion, I have obviously had a bad experience their as did about seven other guys I know. You never realize it until its too late. He's a very smooth talker. As one of his competitors put it, "The only thing he can fix is an invoice". As a matter of fact I know he is being sued by a number of his past customers. I think I can post the complaint, it is afterall public record. Then, at least we can warn unsuspecting corvette owners to beware.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:43 PM
SpeedE55
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by **Jake**
This guy is a crook. He doesn't even have a spray booth. He has painted 3 or 4 of the stringrays cars and all of them have bubbles popping in the paint. He says bring them back, but then paints them in the same room they do their buffing and sanding in. He only has one employee on the books and doesn't even carry workers compensation insurance. He fishes for rich people and then rapes them brutally. Pressures them into doing things they never wanted to do to their cars. His car is a prime example, a original 67 small block autonatic that he has bolted every option on including a restamped 427. He will hurt the value of any car he works on. He doesn't even know what NCRS stands for. He should be put out of business. But then again this is just my oppinion, I have obviously had a bad experience their as did about seven other guys I know. You never realize it until its too late. He's a very smooth talker. As one of his competitors put it, "The only thing he can fix is an invoice". As a matter of fact I know he is being sued by a number of his past customers. I think I can post the complaint, it is afterall public record. Then, at least we can warn unsuspecting corvette owners to beware.
As a former customer of his, I can attest to the fact that everything this post I quoted above states is 100% correct. STAY AWAY.

Get notified of new replies

To Paint Shop S. Florida International Sports Cars Inc.

Quick Reply: Paint Shop S. Florida International Sports Cars Inc.